Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
muffin_man

cd drive

not entirely sure how this went about so sorry about the briefness.

my second computer has a cdrw and a dvdrw. i turned it off as normal as any other time and next time i logged on both drives had power but the drives and the computer wernt recognising each other.

i keep getting an error message on the properties telling me that either the driver isnt there or is corrupt. ive tried installing drivers for it but none work. and even tried to download the drivers from limewire from the other computer which is the other problem which the forum has closed. so that didnt work either. can anyone help. i need to get this computer fixed by december coz its going to become a present but its not much of a present if i cant get it fixed

Not meaning to be a complete smart ass but since both of your computers are now screwed up I would suggest that you stop downloading crap from Limewire. Download the drivers for your cdrw and dvd from the manufacturer and use them instead.

thats the problem. ive uninstalled limewire coz its just to much hassle and my manafacturer is Time who went bust. not only that but time were very cheeky and made the computer so it cant be upgraded at all. my only hope is t dwnload it via a file but i dont know anywhere that might help

i would but i doesnt work. iknow for a fact theres nothing wrong with the actual cd drive

i get an error message in the device properties it says somethnig along the lines of

device driver may be corrupt or missing, its not the one cd drive though, i have a dvd rom installed and an external cd drive and both of them wont work and say the exact same thing