Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yakko7178

CDR software in win2k?

Hi, I'm running Win2k Server on a computer here at work (trying to get it to work as a backup for our NT4 PDC, but that's another story). This computer has a SCSI CDR drive that's worked great under NT4 Server, but EZ CD Creator won't install under 2000. Does anyone know a fix for this? (please don't tell me to get X CDR software or X is better unless it's freeware, EZ CD Creator is what my company paid for, so it's what i've gotta use)

thanks!

Jeremy Dennis

Well, choose one:

1 - Buy other software (WinOnCD 3.7 Power Edition, works ok with W2k).

2 - Fire the IT manager, cos only a dumbass would buy a piece of software for a company without doing research beforehand to see if it's compatible with W2K.

Actually you should check if you have the right ASPI layer drivers for W2K (check adaptec.com). smile

Any questions? smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Palos:
Well, choose one:
2 - Fire the IT manager, cos only a dumbass would buy a piece of software for a company without doing research beforehand to see if it's compatible with W2K.

Well, i'd love to, but this is the software we got with the drive (BEFORE 2k came out). I'm probably gonna go down to Win98 or NT4 on that machine. thanks anyway!

Which version of EZ CD Creator? If it's version 4, there's a 4.01 patch on the Adaptec web site that worked for me.

If it's not version 4 then you are out of luck, soz mate.

------------------

*gniltrohc yawa srednaw*

[This message has been edited by PraetorJudis (edited 02 March 2000).]

I beg to differ my friend I am running EZ CD Creator right now on W2K and it workd great. And yes it is ver 4.01 and I also had 3.5 running fine with a patch. However Adaptec will not go out on a limb and say it works matter of fact they say it will not. But it does and very well. Email me if you need help and we will work out your problem...

Regards

Jim

Well, I guess he should be fired anyways for purchasing Win2K Adv.Server without checking for backward compatibility !

smile

--------------------------------

What really pisses me off is that Powerquest does not have a patch for PartitionMagic 5.0 for W2K (yet!). I was in CeBIT Hannover last weekend and I talked to the zombies at Powerquest's stand and they told me they have a patch in the works, due for release late April...go figure!!!

Try Nero 4.083 from "ahead.de"

It runs great under Win2k

Quote:
Originally posted by Palos:
Well, I guess he should be fired anyways for purchasing Win2K Adv.Server without checking for backward compatibility !
smile

I never said it was adv. server. I just said it was Win2k Server.

Server, Adv.server, whatever...couple of $ more wink

This is not the point i was trying to make, anyways. I work as a Network Admin. in a small company and my boss decided to upgrade from Office 95 to Office 2000 and now our propietary database is ****ed...it was a bad move.

Quote:
Originally posted by hjf:
Try Nero 4.083 from "ahead.de"
It runs great under Win2k

HJF,
what did you do to get Nero 4.083 to work with WIN2K Pro and are you using a SCSI CD-R? I'm running a Adaptec 2903 SCSI card, which sees my SCSI CD fine, and a Smart&Friendly SCSI burner which is seen fine by NERO when running under WIN9X. Any advice?

RLH
Bellevue WA

Several answers:

First:

1. Install the latest version of Adaptec ASPI layer.

2. Update the firmware of your CDR.

Then:

To make EasyCD 3.5x work under W2K, go to http://webcheckup.adaptec.com/ecdc-win2k/

To make Nero 4.0.8.3 work under W2K, install Nero 4.0.8.3

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Anyone know if Winoncd 3.6 works in win2k pro? Winoncd 3.6 is what i use in win98 and it works great.

------------------

***TRUST YOUR TECHNOLUST***

Have you tried it? Does it work? If yes, then yes. If no, then call back.

Elsewhere has been posted that 3.7 works. So, upgrade to 3.7 and it will work.

The forum helps those who help themselves...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Yuppie said:

"The forum helps those who help themselves..."

Why, you heretic! I can't believe you would even suggest that some of these people use that thing attached to their necks above their shoulders for something other than a hat holder?!?!? You blaspheme!!!

Although I do find the posts of "Does this work...?" and "Why does it say this is not Win95 or Win98....?" quite funny. Really because it's that type of mentality that keeps me busy. I really can't recall the number of times I've charged a client for walking them through the use of their internet browser to find the answer to a question they had. And then they call back two weeks later with the same exact question.

The only problem is that here I don't get paid squat...

Regards...

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

Quote:
Originally posted by yakko7178:
Hi, I'm running Win2k Server on a computer here at work (trying to get it to work as a backup for our NT4 PDC, but that's another story). This computer has a SCSI CDR drive that's worked great under NT4 Server, but EZ CD Creator won't install under 2000. Does anyone know a fix for this? (please don't tell me to get X CDR software or X is better unless it's freeware, EZ CD Creator is what my company paid for, so it's what i've gotta use)
thanks!

Jeremy Dennis

Take a look Nero. http://www.ahead.de