Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
caduto

dk2 dkii.icd

hi, i keep getting this error message come up and the game shuts down.

''dkii.icd has encountered a problem and needs to close''

i read in another thread that i need to the nocd crack to combat this error.

where can i get this crack from and why do i need it? surely the game should know the cd is there?

if anyone knows how to sort this out, with or without the crack please let me know smile

i have 2 copies of the game, 1 for each of our machines as we like to play multiplayer, but it always crashes on us.

we have recently wanted to play it again and re-installed them both and put the version 1.7 patch on and the ''-32biteverything'' on the end of the shortcut because otherwise the picture doesnt show.

thanks for any help you can give

caduto

The crack is needed because the copy protection used by the game is a buggy POS. You can either update the copy protection drivers or use a CD crack. (Or make an image of your CD and use Daemon Tools).

Most expert games use CD images, those without the resources or time to use CD images use CD cracks (or if they don't care), and finally at the end of the scale those scared to crack their games update their copy protection drivers.

i get the same error message and i have a legal copy of the game as well but an application called "threatfire is saying that DKII.ICD is doing something that is potentially malicious" what on earth does that mean as i have played this years ago with no problem

i think i have found the solution, all i had to do was this DONT UNINSTALL GAME AT ALL just pop the cd in again and select install it will come up with a message saying that it is already instaled just select continue and let it install then it comes up with the compatability select windows 2000 then select apply and hopefully the game should work