Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
discipledoc

A7N8X Deluxe and Mandrake 9.0....Is it possible?

I tried to install mandrake 9.0 on my nForce2 A7N8X-Deluxe board over the weekend with no success. I read all the tips that I could on the matter, and I still could not get it up and running.

Here's the specs:

A7N8X Deluxe motherboard

AMD AthlonXP 2600 (333)

768 MB DDR400 Memory

VisionTek Ti4600 Vid Card

Natural Keyboard Pro

Intellimouse Explorer

(all else is onboard)

The installation went without a hitch, but when I tried the nVidia latest drivers (NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0248.mdk90up_2.4.19_16.athlon.rpm or even NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0248.src.rpm) my usb mouse stopped working. I could not use my onboard ethernet cards(neither one), and the NVdriver would not load.

As I said before, I read the tips and trick that was posted as a sticky for red hat posted in another forum, but it did not help me. I would really like to get this working, that way I can do away with my via board forever.

Do anyone have this combination working in unity? If you do, could you help me out by writing a detailed howto?

Thanks for taking out the time to help out a linux nut.

Yes it is possible , yesterday I started on my own a7n8x (not the delux) Mandrake 9.0

Briefly install as normal but do not instal lan cards and do not select grafical start up just yet.

now first boot. first install NVIDIA_nforce driver

second NVIDIA_kernel (for the video card)

third NVIDIA_GLX

now edit XF86Config-4 adding "nvidia" as driver

now you should be able to startx

Now in the mandrake control centre configure lan cards, the lower one is "nvnet" I dont have

the 3com one on my board so Idont know.

I did have a minor problem with the lilo config on boot up I had a really annoying mode error

fixed by changing mode to normal in lilo config.

Dont ask me about the usb I havent got it working yet HELP!!!!!