Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jazzdrive

Sony Digital Voice Editor

Hey guys,

We have a Sony transribtion kit (the FS-85USB) that came with software. However, we've lost the CD, and we need to install it on a new computer. Sony isn't offering the software anywhere for download. Only updates.

Do any of you guys have it, or do you know where I can download it? It should be called Digital Voice Editor 2.0 or greater.

Thanks. I'm really in a bind here.

http://irish.typepad.com/irisheyes/2005/11/sony_digital_vo.html

This site has a list of files for the Sony Digital Voice Editor software. But some (including myself) are getting an error while installing which says cannot access the readme.txt file. The installation stops and and nothing happens.

Others have apparently successfully downloaded and installed the program from that site.

If you can figure it out, can you please email me with the solution?

Thanks,

chc1@yahoo.com

I realize it's been a while since this was posted but I have the software if you guys still need it.

hey...

I use Sony ICD-SX30...but I lost my software for the Digital Voice Recorder after I reinstall my laptop....does any of you think you would be willing to tell me anyway that I can download it for free or provide it to me? Thanks a lot!

-Candy

Originally posted by Jay913:

Quote:
http://irish.typepad.com/irisheyes/2005/11/sony_digital_vo.html

This site has a list of files for the Sony Digital Voice Editor software. But some (including myself) are getting an error while installing which says cannot access the readme.txt file. The installation stops and and nothing happens.

Others have apparently successfully downloaded and installed the program from that site.

If you can figure it out, can you please email me with the solution?

Thanks,

chc1@yahoo.com

if you are having trouble installing the software because you get a "cannot access the readme.txt file" error, then you might want to try downloading all the files from the entire directory [this includes the autorun, drivers(choose only your series to download for this), directX, and english files], and then go directly to the DVESetup.exe file ON YOUR COMPUTER in the 'english' folder and open from there. Make sure to include an extra ReadMe.txt file in the 'english' directory!!

took about 20 minutes, but worked for me!

good luck!

roxanna stalcup

Thanks. Great advice. I did exactly like Roxanna suggested. It worked fine, although I also had to save the software file by file, directory by directory... May have taken about 20 min., I forgot to look at the clock.

Hi

I've also lost my Digital Voice Editor software version 2.4.03. Unfortunately this version is not available from the site mentioned & that site's version is not compatible with my Sony ICD-SX56 recorder. Does anyone have the software for download available?

Ta

i lost my disc and tried to save the digitial voice editor 2 from my desktop. then tried to install on a new laptop. it said was a readme file only.

before i try the steps above, which i was pleased to find, does anyone know how this works with a laptop, like is it a big program and/or does it work well with a laptop. i use the F keys and not a foot pedal.

i am a new member, just signed on, and would appreciate any advice! BB