Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fluffyinsantiy

Martian Gothic: Unification Crashes on Startup

I was bored and decided to install this old game, Martian Gothic, which I had lying around.

When I ran it, a black screen came up and then crashed with an error mesage after a few seconds. frown

The only support I have found for this problem is here. The person there has the EXACT same problem as me, but it was never resolved.

Can anyone out there help me? I'm using Windows XP SP2.

I have the exact same issue as you, I am also looking for a solution... This game always seem to be lying around and you find it and want to play it and just wont work frown

I feel your pain. Will post something if I find a solution.

Transporter

Have you tried compatibility mode? Right click on the executable for the game and left click on properties. Then click on the compatibility tab. From here you can set the game to run as if it was in Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 98, or even Windows 95. You can even tell the game to launch in 256 color mode. I hope this helps. Nothing is worse than getting a wild hair to play an old game and then having your computer choke on it.

i know this is an old one ive just started playing this on windows 2000 but the screen for the games tiny in the middle of the screen is there anyway to make it bigger and how do you go into the compatility mode as i cant find it thanks