Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chopper2000

the full real liveware2000 not just 15meg

well i just uploaded the full liveware2000 to shrinks site :)that he had setup not sure the url i think ftp://04.021.0360.010/livewar2000big/lwW2k.rar and then rename the end .r00 .r01 .r02 all the way up to .r06 just cut and paste url in browser. this file when complete is about 70megs so good luck and dont trie yet as they are not finished being uploaded yet but it is pretty cool and it looks like the final version registration and all

70MB!!! bummer.. Do you know if the midi side of things are sorted. With the dell drivers on my machine, if i give any midi input then my machine just locks..

Whats in it to give it a 70mb size, there must be non win2k stuff padding it out that can be stripped??

Cheers for uping it, need to find somewhere that can host it that supports resuming?

70MB!!! bummer.. Do you know if the midi side of things are sorted. With the dell drivers on my machine, if i give any midi input then my machine just locks..

Whats in it to give it a 70mb size, there must be non win2k stuff padding it out that can be stripped??

Cheers for uping it, need to find somewhere that can host it that supports resuming?

no offense, but y do u have to install a hacked livewire2000 while the real thing is going to release in about 2 weeks time and there is a dell one that go between?

IMHO, what if you have to uninstall and clean up manually for the hacked livewire 2000 files, I really don't trouble is worth it especailly the real thing release date is so close.

No offense to the poster of the hacked livewire 2000, I know u have every good intention to help others.

this is the real thing that is going to be relesed not some hack and hence the size if you have the speed you should check it out

I don't know where you have been for the past few days, but this package IS Liveware for Windows 2000 leaked by Creative Labs. It is, however, a beta (as evidence by the section of the install where a screen comes up and says "readme to appear here" or words to that effect). There are no hacks or workarounds to install them and they install and uninstall just fine (unlike the LW3 workaround).

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Does it work with dual processors. I downloaded it but i think im gonna pass and wait. THe only thing iwant is the 4 speaker support and the dsp settings.

APV_SAV - absolutely no offense was taken, I was just pointing out that you were misinformed :-)

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

#1. Cool you guys kick some a**

#2. As soon as I get these files downloaded I will put up a mirror for ya'll

ThC 129, I respectfully request you to zip into a single file for those of use who aren't bandwidth impaired. If not, no biggie.

------------------

*gniltrohc yawa srednaw*

I'll wait till the morning and grab it with my T-1 at work.

Hope this works.

FTP IS UP!!!

ip:liveware2k.homeip.net PORT 4020 (important for you newbies to put in this port number)

login:live

pass:ware

maxusers: 5

connection:T1

I did put up 2 different versions one big zip and another divided zip

This version works great! Everything works after only one reboot smile

I setup another mirror, login anonymously to get the files in .RAR or a single .ZIP file.

ftp://24.115.65.87

Jason A.

------------------

---

I write code.

It doesn't seem that suspend work properly yet with an ACPI enabled PC. It BSD when I go into suspend.

I haven't tried using suspend mode yet but I have noticed that if i didn't check "Do Not Map Through This Device" in the properties for my soundcard, my music output would get corrupted (sound all screwed up) if I clicked on three files or folders in succession in Explorer (makes a 'click' sound when you do this).

So if you are experiencing this problem, just check the setting mentioned above to correct it.

Jason A.

------------------

---

I write code.

Maybe I'm just unlucky but when I tried the non-hakzored liveware2000 I pretty much got royally bent over. I'm not sure if it had to do anything with my previous installation of sblive drivers (I thought I had it cleaned before the new install though) or just something quirky but I'd suggest backups and caution before trying to install live2000 --- I am just restoring computer to bootability argh.... Heheh, which means it's about time to try and re-install that liveware 2000 eh?

AngCK

[This message has been edited by AngCK (edited 01 March 2000).]

does anyone have this in zip format...i hate rar files cause i dont seem to have the savvy to extract em

Use Winrar - it doesn't require you to be savvy <g>.

BTW, Standby works fine on my computer with these drivers and it didn't work with the Dell drivers.

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

when I try and run the install it hangs, if I manually load just the driver I get a blue screen of death just before the login prompt. Still waiting for creative, although I appreciate the availabity of the betas

Is this version of liveware2000 the first one you have installed or attempted to install on your current copy of Windows2000?

If you have files still in your system directory then this may be what is causing you all the trouble.

If you have the time and inclination, try reinstalling win2k and then trying these drivers (not the dell ones, not the 15MB ones) fresh.

Jason A.

------------------

I installed these drivers over the last ones and it presents no problem !

Are you sure that the installation hangs for real ? Maybe it just takes lot of time ...

and first don"t run the registration form -it seems to cos' some probs (well it worked for me)- And last thing i remember is that they dont ask to reboot after the install,so don't worry just reboot manually and it should work fine !

------------------

God gave me life, the AwP gives me the strength !

So let me shoot them all,

and let God sort them out !

[This message has been edited by ZiZooM (edited 05 March 2000).]