Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
headly21

Data & Photo Recovery for Linux

I have tried several programs that are supposed to help recover corrupt files and photos from a CD-R. Among these are:

datarecall-linux.tar

RecoveryManager.tar

When I unpack the program, it is a single .sh install script that I run as root in a console. Installation runs successfully. The installation places a binary executable in the /usr/bin directory from where I run it (tried both regular user and root). Permissions are set to execute for all users, but when I try to run it I get the following error message:

darecall: symbol lookup error: darecall: undefined symbol: __ti7QWidget

where darecall is the binary executable for the datarecall-linux program.

I have searched several forums, Google, Teoma and the only thing I think may have some relation to this is my QT installation (ti7QWidget?). I set my QT environment with export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.3 (which is my qt installation). When I query my qt packages I get:

qt-3.3.4-15.4

qt-devel-3.3.4-15.4

Would anyone have a clue as to what the

undefined symbol: __ti7QWidget error means or how I can remedy this, or if you know of any Linux applications that can recover corrupt photos from a CD-R?

Thanks for any help at all.

Can you post what distro and version of Linux that you are using?

Most likely, this package was compiled using a different much version of qt that you have.

Can you also post a link to where you got the datarecall-linux.tar package. I bet it is an old package and you are using a newer distro and version of Linux?

Originally posted by danleff:

Quote:
Can you post what distro and version of Linux that you are using?

Most likely, this package was compiled using a different much version of qt that you have.

Can you also post a link to where you got the datarecall-linux.tar package. I bet it is an old package and you are using a newer distro and version of Linux?

I am running Fedora Core 4 distro with KDE 3.5

I got the tarball from http://www.tucows.com/get/294402_110842

I'll have to get home to query my kernel version, since I am off-site at the moment.

Thanks!

Has anybody contacted Compuapps and ask them about what products are supported?

It's interesting, their forums have no messages in the last two years on their OnBelay product, or the datarecall package.

Looking at the Linux distros supported, it seems that old versions of Mandrake and RedHat were supported, so I bet the latest distros won't work, based on what the compilers were used to make the packages and qt versions were supported at the time.

Originally posted by danleff:

Quote:
Looking at the Linux distros supported, it seems that old versions of Mandrake and RedHat were supported, so I bet the latest distros won't work, based on what the compilers were used to make the packages and qt versions were supported at the time.

It seems that at least this package is a lost cause. My challenge still remains - to find an application that runs on my current Linux distro to recover corrupt images from a CD.

If ANYONE has information regarding a Linux app that can accomplish this, I'm all ears. I'll even pay a license fee! I'm getting desperate since my searches are turning up nothing.