Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

sound out of 2 speakers with audio cds?

i have liveware 2000, and the cambridge 4 point speakers.

When playing dvds in my dvd/cdrom, all 4 speakers work. When i just play an audio cd, only sound from the rear speakers. I have heard others with the problem. Is there a solution?

Yes, 4 speakers is slected in teh control panel

when use digital output is selected, front work, rear dont.

when not selected, rear work, front dont

wtf! (LOL!)

First I had a similar problem like that. it sounds to me like you have the digital audio enabled, and that is cutting sound to one set of your speakers. try seeing if it is disabled or not. it should be in the speaker settings box.

Doesn't that mean that the "digital audio only" checkbox is selected?

If I am not mistaken, you can get to it from the Live mixer.

Okay, I got it!!!

Click the checkbox really, really fast when listening to music, and it should sound like all 4 speakers are working! wink

When I first got my system, my Live experienced a weird problem and it might have been the same one. It was almost like the hardware refused to output to the correct speaker configuration. I can't really remember, but this is what I did to fix it.

My solution was to:

Remove the card

boot

install the card (can't remember if I used the same slot)

boot again

After all the swapping, I managed to get the proper speaker config back. I had assumed it might be a problem with the config data stored in the Live's NVRAM. It was a wild guess, but something on board had to have become corrupted (with the assumption that a new install reverts to defaults).

A second possiblilty is that the drivers had become hoplessly messed up, and that particular instance of my live was corrupt. When I reinstalled, the drivers must have thought it was a totally different card, and defaulted their settings.

Either way, it worked. Sorry I didn't post earlier, but it was a long time ago and it just came back to me.