Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jwp2600

ATI X850 Pro DVI Not Working

For what it's worth, I went in to our lab and hooked up an X850 to the Gateway FPD2185W and was able to connect with both VGA and DVI.

One thought might be to uninstall the ATI driver and see if the system at least comes up using the Windows VGA driver. Set the resolution to a common resoltuion, say 1024 x 768, and then reinstall the ATI drivers.

Darv

Portrait Displays

http://www.portrait.com

Originally posted by daz0r:

Quote:
I also noticed that the OSD version was 1.11 instead of 1.0 on the old-and-busted monitor.

v1.11? Curious. What was the Manufacture Date (as reported by the Options/Asset ID in EzTune)?

For the record, both my original monitor and my replacement (now just two days old) have OSD v1.1.

-k

I was just googling around and found this topic. My FPD2185W just went to "no signal" with the DVI after 2 months of problem free use. Right now I have it hooked thru vga. For the others having this problem, I have a x850xt. I gotta go to work, but I play with this problem more later.

I posted this at another forum the other day but figured I would share it here as well.

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to chime in. I got this monitor(FPD2185W) from CC almost 2 weeks ago. I got home and was in love. The image quality is exelent, 2nd to none. However, after hooking it up I noticed the USB hub was not working. So after around a week I took it back and got another one.

Well, my second one worked great until I got home from work today. I turned it on and after a few minutes the gateway image software poped up and my resolution dropped. So I tried to reset it and no go, it would not change. A reboot did nothing but keep the DVI from working at all. I tried my mac-mini and nothing (no dvi).

I hooked my PC back up via VGA and it worked great.

So I did some research, found this forum ect... called gateway and the guy(woodrow) told me my monitor was wack. I told him this was my 2nd one and he told me he would try 1 more as he believes 3 strikes and you are out.

So I packed it back up and took it back to CC and questioned them about their lemon policy ect.. I ended up getting the 80 buck 2 year warranty from them so I can bring it back everytime it dies. If I have to return it 100 times over the next 2 years I will. I have never felt so relieved after spending 80 bucks on an extended warranty. At least I am covered now( I never buy those things).

I love the monitor, no dead pixels from what I can see on any of them.

However, I am on my 3rd monitor. Lets see how it goes. DVI is working good now and I am NOT going to install that gateway software.

BD

ah - I forgot to add the OSD version on both of them(dunno about the first) is 1.11

- if anyone every hears anything "official" from gateway about this issue, please let us know.

Has anyone had any luck with this issue? Contacted Gateway and they are definitely aware of it but have offered no recourse. Did replacing the monitor with the newest OCD fix the issue for anyone?

Lost