Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamondis

problem with my graphics drivers.. i think

Originally posted by Diamondis:

Quote:
it says youve replied relic but i cant see the reply XD

It's lying to you, I'm just replying now. laugh

You need webspace, then link to the pic. If you don't have webspace, send it to me, I'll post it. smile

and i send it to you how? XD sorry, new forum for me, my last one couldnt help and im used to their setup now XD

I'll send you my email addy, just check your private messages, the link is just below the message that says "Welcome Back Diamondis", right above "edit profile".

Okay, here we go, Diamondis pics, you can see the "anomolies" in the first pic very well, the second pic shows them a bit.

dimdis2.jpg

dimdis1.jpg

any idea what those things are? smirk they occur in my online game too, my game doesnt crash anymore though so i guess it was my vid card :)oh, and since i installed the new card i keep getting "found new hardware: ethernet controller" >.> whats that?

[Edited by Diamondis on 2005-12-31 19:49:33]

Quote:
any idea what those things are? smirk they occur in my online game too, my game doesnt crash anymore though so i guess it was my vid card :)oh, and since i installed the new card i keep getting "found new hardware: ethernet controller" >.> whats that?

[Edited by Diamondis on 2005-12-31 19:49:33]

There's the possibilty that you knocked you ethernet card loose when you installed the vidcard, I'd just pull it and reseat it. If everything is working fine, go into your device manager and see if you now have two ethernet cards in there. If you do, remove the one with the exclamation mark beside it.

Out of curiousity, how hot does your system run? Have you checked it out in your BIOS? You should have a "System Health" area in there, or something similar, that will tell you how hot your CPU and system(read motherboard) are running.

What do you have for air circulation? You should have at least one intake, and two exhaust fans.

Check the temps and then post them in here. Sit in the BIOS watching the temps for 5 minutes or so, they're always lower when you first boot up.

i can only see 2 fans that i have, one on the back of my PC, and one on the new graphics card. i wated the temp in the BIOS for five minutes like u said, heres the temp:

system temp. at start: 30C 87F

CPU temp. at start: 40C 107F (these F's might be off ^^;; we use C in england)

system temp at finish: 33C 91F

CPU temp at finish: 47-51C 123F

oh and im still getting the ethernet controller thing >< i looked again, no cards were loose, and i looked in my divice manager and i only have 1 controller. do i need drivers for it or something? XD

Quote:
i can only see 2 fans that i have, one on the back of my PC, and one on the new graphics card. i wated the temp in the BIOS for five minutes like u said, heres the temp:

system temp. at start: 30C 87F

CPU temp. at start: 40C 107F (these F's might be off ^^;; we use C in england)

system temp at finish: 33C 91F

CPU temp at finish: 47-51C 123F

oh and im still getting the ethernet controller thing >< i looked again, no cards were loose, and i looked in my divice manager and i only have 1 controller. do i need drivers for it or something? XD

Okay, you only have one exhaust fan, and your system is running hot. My system sits here at 20C/68F for the system, 24.5C/76F for the CPU.

Another fan wouldn't hurt at all, I believe your vidcard is running even hotter, they always do. You can try pulling the sidepanel off your tower and sitting a household fan beside your system, just let it blow air on the vidcard(and everything else), and see if the graphics problem goes away.

Strange that your ethernet controller is just being found now, how are you connecting to the internet?

im linked to it by a wireless router from my brothers PC, i dont even know what the ethernet thing is XD lol im gonna A: try find my fan and B: open the side panels lol

ok i did the side panels and fan thing, my temps went down by 9 degrees C, but the problems still there ><

i just looked over the instructions, my brother installed the card first, i was getting alot of static electricity shocks that day and was scared to touch my new card XD anyway it says in the instructions "you MUST disable the integrated graphics first" ..now.. i know more about PC's than my brother, and i dont know if my PC has them or how to disale them, so he wont have done that step.. can u tell me how to find out if i have them, and if i do, disable them? that might be my problem x.x

so i just unzip and follow the instructions? >.> is there any risk by using this thing? my pc is old XD terrified of breaking it.

No problems with BIOS flashes, especially an AWARD BIOS, I've never had a problem. I've had a bad flash, as in it woulkd lock halfway through, and I'd have to reboot, which I was always told would kill your mobo.

Contrary to what I was told, the AWARD BIOS can be recovered from a bad flash, nothing to it, just start over. I've recovered from bad flashes on a DFI board, and a SOYO board, I just don't worry about it anymore. If you have a bad flash, just reboot and start the procedure over again, piece of cake. smile

I've also flashed the BIOS on my old Voodoo 3000 AGP, my ti4200, and my brand new eVGA 6600GT AGP. This is really no big deal.

Any problems, ask away.

One thing, write down the name of the bin file you will be flashing to, and of course the name of the flash.exe and have them handy once you get into the flash utility. smile

one thing >.>;; the instructions say things like save to a floppy.. the thing is my floppy drive stopped working for some reason a while back >< wasnt bothered since i use USB sticks but is that a problem?

I just tried something and had a minor success.. i turned my hardware acceleration down a little and the "anomalies" in the "My Computer" window went away, but the ones on my desktop stayed, i turned it down a little more and those went away but i went on google and there was white "anomalies" in the banner at the top, i turned it down all the way and all the anomalies went away.. but then i couldnt play my online game which is what i bought the new card for in the first place >< what is hardware acceleration?

If you turn off hardware acceleration, you're running on software, so what's the point of having a freakin vidcard in the first place?!?!?!

Seriously? Upgrade to a 6600GT AGP, DX9 support, and it will rock your world. With the 440 you will always be playing catch-up, and you never will.

I packed my ti4200 in, and it's a generation faster than that 440, time to retire the "old war-dog", let him sleep. smile

Sampson-

Thanks! This worked. How will the changes I made (described in your post) affect my computer?