Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Justbill

Home Network

I have recently installed a Belkin router on my 2 machines. This is NOT a wireless network! It is hard wired. Internet connection for both computers is great! My question is this, evidently a router will do much more than let 2 computers share an internet connection. When I tried to print something (after installing the router), I had to change my printer configuration to a shared printer. So does this mean that I can do something on the computer in my bedroom, and print it on the printer that is physically connected (usb) to the computer in the front room? And what about file sharing? Can my kids and I play games with each other, using the 2 machines? Are there any good tutorials for the technologically challenged, such as myself? smile Here are my machines and what I am running on them:

Main (front room)

Compaq Presario SR1426NX

2.93 GHz Pentium 4

512MB PC2-3200 DDR2 SDRAM

160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive

dual booting win XP and FC4

Second

HP Pavilion 6630

500Mhz Celeron

256MB ram

80GB hard drive

dual booting win98 and CentOS 4.2

We really very rarely boot either computers into M$ windows, so I really don't care about XP and 98 playing together, but I would like to be able to have CentOS and FC4 communicating with each other here.

Thanks

Justbill