Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Likeminded

Help, Computer Gifted!!! I need your power!! pt.2

I recently bought a twenty pack of DVD+RW for the 4.7 Gb storage

But my D: drive is now DVD-RAM Drive D:. With a drive with a cd on top. It won't let me format the dvdrw, and i may have spent 20$ for nothing! Help! Please..

Gratitude is Eternal

The easiest solution is to return the DVD's and exchange them for the proper ones

i wish i could help but i dont understand what your problem....cause from what i read is youre trying to format a dvd??...which well you cant do that

DVD-RAM is a totally different format then DVD+-RW. Good luck with finding them. I'd keep the DVD's and just buy a cheap DVD+-RW drive, typically, they are about $50 of so.

I confused you all. I believe i had a D: drive when i got my computer. but now, when ever i put a cd in, it turns to CD: drive.

Does that clarify anything for you? I can't formatt my cds. Thats the problem. I want to format my dvd+rw cds so i can take advantage of the 4.7 gb storage. But whenever i right click on the drive when the cd is in, it never gives me the formatting option. It wouldn't be so bad if i didn't work on my roommates computer, but it does. So i know something is wrong with mines. Thats the problem i have.

can a solution be obtained?

Heheh you DON'T format DVD+RW's using that method. Do you intend to use those discs as fully read/write media like giant floppies? That's where 3rd party programs like Ahead Softare's InCD come in (InCD is bundled with Nero). Once that's installed and you pop in a DVD+RW (assuming you disabled CD Recording in that drive's properties - you don't want Windows to interfere), you right click on the drive and select the format command for that program (for InCD, it's "InCD Format..."), then follow the directions, then you've got a fully rewriteble disc ready.