Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jra101

ATI Rage Fury 32 Win2k Drivers

Has anyone tried the new ATI Rage Fury drivers for Win2k? I have installed them on two different machines and they bluescreened on reboot frown

Both systems were identical hardware configurations except one had no sound card.

Here are the specs:

Celeron 400A

128 PC-100 RAM

Sound Blaster Live! (CD drivers installed)

10GB hard drive (Quantum?)

Soyo ? Motherboard

40X CD-ROM drive

Jason A.

------------------

I write code.

Well, they work for me even if they're not excellent. I had no problem with the install except that now I have three monitors attached to my PC !! Don't know why but it works ..

------------------

Config:

Dual celeron 400 on BP6

128 Mo SDRAM PC 100

Rage fury 32Mo, SB Live Player

IBM 20Go U66,DVD A103S,Yamaha 4*4*16*: IDE

Win2000 Final

Somtimes they will blue screen on the first few reboots. This is normal behavior. If you "reset configuration data" in the BIOS, that usually takes care of the problem (sometimes called the ESCD option).

These are EARLY beta drivers. ATi does not recommend using them, but probably feels forced to provide them since they would look bad when compared to Matrox and Nvidia, etc.

Once you get the system to boot, GL will work flawlessly, however your system may spontaneously reboot in 2D mode.

Honestly, the new drivers are not worth the hassle, unless you absolutely need to play Quake 3. I would stick to the provided drivers on the CD for the next 3 weeks until the final drivers are available.

Thanks smile I'll probably have to just wait then.

Jason A.

------------------

I write code.