Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crazysprinkler

Asus Drivers

Question regarding the compatibility of Asus P5ad2-e. I was wondering if the s/pdif out setting on the sound card worked and where the driver can be found. Also the netcard needs kernel sources which are not shipped with Fedora. Any idea's or links to get this system up and running. Thanks.

In terms of the sound card, I don't know. I should have tried this before, but i have not.

What makes you think that you need the kernel sources?

It would be helpful if you could post the version of Fedora that you are using, as well as what sound. Onboard? If so, what chipset. This would save us looking it up, since you have the users manual.

What NIC card? Onboard? What chipset? It should work out of the box. Did you set up the card during the installation? Broadband or DSL?

Hey, thanks for the reply...and sorry about the time before my answer. I have Fedora core 4 not the EMT64bit, But the plain old i386. Right now, I am seeing in the readme of the ALSA driver that came with the mobo that s/pdif is supported. But when I go to install that driver it will not install because there is a more recent version on the FC4 kernel. Okay all that being said I have a Cmedia 9880 which I think is a standard on a lot of asus boards. Another problem I am running into with this mobo is the lan card. But I have just located and rpm with the driver so hopefully that works. Maybe my next reply will be from my own system. Oh yeah, I believe its kernel-2.6.11

What NIC card is this? Onboard? Chipset?

You should not need an RPM to install on most boards.