Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ASiDiE

BP6 + Win2k and Peltiers??

Because of win2k I know many of you are running bp6 boards and probably have peltiers on them. I am wonder what some of you have done to stop condensation? I have heard putting Vaseline to fill the gaps is one option. I will be looking around the overclocking sites to see what I can come up with... any feed back would be great!

ASiDiE

get hi quality peltiers and u wont have to worry about condensation, look around they are expensive but then u dont have to worry about fing up a couple hundred dolalrs worth of hardware.

and no I dont use peltiers so sorry no personal input here.

I use a BP6 with 2 Celeron 400's @500MHz, i want to get peltiers, but i was concerned with condensation, i just have 2 crappy Socket 7/Socket 370 fan/heatsink combos, While playing games, it gets pretty hot and i have to do something about it soon.

Have a Nice Day. smile

Here is the deal... I have peltiers already and have been running dual 400's at 600 for the last 3 to 4 months.... like a dumb ass I didn't check to see if there was any build up of water and when i got home one night.. NOTHING. When I took the chips off they were just drippign with water... NOT GOOD. Anyway the board is being sent in to be replaced and I want to run the same set up with my new board. I also got a bx6 2.0 running a 400 at 600 also. Becuase this one is using a slot 1 to 370 converter I had no problems lubing it up with vaseline. I don't know what the long term effects are but it's just an adapter card. I put lube on the back of the card... i filled that gap under the cpu with some thin foam and then covered it over with lube. I then filled in all the cpu pin holes with a light coating. Put the chip on and sealed the peltiers with it's foam seal it came with... I got the tom peltiers from 3dfxcool.com. So that is my set up now and hope it works... becuase I don't want that board going out either. I will keep looking to see what I can come up with...

Thanks for any input

ASiDiE