Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andy_25

Lexmark Win2K Drivers

Hi,

I've noticed many Lexmark users asking about Win2K drivers for their printers. Has anyone had reply from Lexmark concerning windows 2000? I e-mailed their technical support ages ago and they haven't answered at all! Or has anyone figured out any workaround like using some other drivers? I have a 3200 but I'm curious to know about other Lexmark users' experiences. smile

This all they for now Postscript drivers only

aka $$$$ Highend Color Laaer Printer.

Lexmark Optra T610, Lexmark Optra T612 Lexmark Optra T614, Lexmark Optra T616 Lexmark Optra W810, Lexmark Optra M410 Lexmark Optra E310, Lexmark Optra Se 3455 Lexmark Optra Color 1200

Lexmark Optra Color 45

Lexmark Optra Color 40

Lexmark Optra K

Lexmark Optra S

Lexmark Optra SC 1275

Lexmark Optra E+

Lexmark Optra E

Lexmark Optra Ep

Lexmark Optra N

Lexmark Optra C

Lexmark Optra Lx+, Lxi+, Lxn+, R+, Rn+, and Rt+

Lexmark Optra L, Lx, Lxi, R, Rt, and Rx

Lexmark Color Jetprinter 4079 plus

Lexmark 4039 LaserPrinter 10 plus, 4039 Plus

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 24 February 2000).]

Yeah,

I know Lexmark is providing support for these ptrinters, and I thank you for all you people answering to all the gueastions! But my guestion is whether Lexmark is helpful at providing help for their customers concerning 3200 and their Zxx series printers.....

Back in October, I bought a Z-11 printer. November rolled around, I got in a dual processor rig, and had to go NT4. I was dismayed the Z11 drivers did not support NT, and I contacted them. They were very prompt and courteous, but basically they said it was unlikely that I would see NT support for the Z-11. I then asked about the looming Win2K OS, and they said probably the consumer version (don't know if they meant Mil or Pro), but they really wanted me to call Customer Service about trading in the Z-11 for something that supported NT at the time, 3200 or Z-31, Z-51 etc.

I did not do that at that time, as I was dual booting NT4 and Win98SE and could print from 98 just fine. I contacted them recently about drivers for Win2k again, and they didn;t give me a definite answer once again, and pointed me to http://drivers.lexmark.com for the current status of all their drivers.

Now that I am not dual booting W98, the printer is a paperweight, and I was interested in their "exchange" deal. So, I contacted them about that again. They told me that they had no such program, and I should contact my POP with this issue. I replied back saying this was not what I was told, and referred them to the text within that same email thread re: the "exchange" deal. I have received no response since, whereas responses usually rolled in same day.

Sux,

-AciD

But my guestion is whether Lexmark is helpful at providing help for their customers concerning 3200 and their Zxx series printers.....[/b]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I still havent received any reply Lexmark. Doubt that I ever will either... Their attitude is probably something like "Lexmark 3200 is a product aimed at the home consumer. Win2k is a business OS and therefore we are not currently planning on supporting it."

What I don't understand is that if they support NT4 shouldn't they also provide support for NT5 (win2k)? I mean NT4 is also a business OS, isn't it?

Anyhow, again if anyone has any suggestions as to how I could make either the NT or 98 drivers to work in win2k, please let me know. The problem is the setup program. It doesnt allow the installation to even begin. It just states that "this version of windows is not supported", or something else to that effect.

Thanks!