Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM!

I was using my computer today and while trying to load a webpage the computer froze and gave me a BSOD. I restarted and got the message ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM. I set my bios to all the defaults and only connected my hardrive with operating system to the computer. It still gave me the error. I then booted off my windows XP cd and tried to see if I would have the option to recover an install of windows XP. It didnt give me the option and just showed the drive as a blank drive. So I put it in my other computer and checked it out in Disk Management and it says:

Disk 1

Unknown

189.92 GB

Not Initialized

189.92 GB

Unallocated.

Does this mean the drive is dead?

This drive had my windows partition and my files partition. I stored all my documents and important files on the second half of this drive.

I was using another hardrive to run the windows backup program but I havent run it for a while. I tried to run it the other night since I just got a brand new 300 gb sata dirve 16mb c, but for some reason it didnt work.

What should I do here? If I initalize the drive, I'll lose everything. I do own a copy of GetDataBack which I've used in the past when hardrives are failing, but I fear if I try to initalize the drive, it will destroy much of the data.

Do I have any options or should I just hate my life?