Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vermyn

bizarre SBLive! Value driver problem

Here's an odd one for you... based on my searches of the forums, no one has seem it.

Installed Win2k 2195 (the real thing baby!) last night as a fresh install... even formatted the drive to NTFS. On installation and even now in device manager, I have a problem putting in the SBLive! WDM driver... I get an error:

"The data is invalid."

And it refuses to install the driver. This is with the WDM driver on the 2195 CD as well as the universal INF available from the site. As a last ditch effort, I'm trying to pull down the Liveware 2000 beta, so we'll see what happens with that.

I have tried to move the SBLive to a different PCI slot and made sure there were no resource conflicts. What's even more peculiar is that it was working fine under RC2 a long time ago (I went back to Win98 after a while on that one).

Other relevant hardware:

Creative Encore 8x (with dxr3 decoder, yes I know this doesn't work on 2000 yet)

HP 9100i writer (same here)

Aceex ISA 56k modem

Voodoo3

All other hardware is working fine or as expected (minus the dxr3 since that doesn't have any available drivers yet, and I don't want those alpha drivers from hollywood... and minus the HP 9100i writer). No matter what I try though, I keep getting "the data is invalid" no matter what INF I try for the sblive.

Oh yeah, and the event viewer does not give any clues... no message whatsoever about the error.

Any ideas?