Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JFK

Upload music into my Rio 500 ?

Hi guyz,

does anybody know how to upload mp3's into the Rio 500 under Windows 2000 2195 ?

I just bought a Rio 500, following instructions on this site, I manage to have rio manager to work under win 2000 (v. 2.1.5) and the device is recognised OK in the USB hub. BUT it just don't work : when launching the software it just says it can't find the Rio.. so If you could help.

Thanks

I'd appreciate some help on this too. My damn Rio500 is probably the only thing right now keeping me from getting rid of Win98 altogether.

It's even worse for me : I didn't had any win 98 anymore !! so I had to install it back on a spare 1.7Gb hard drive that I have and I have to physically plug/unplug it to switch configuration !! :-)

I really hope Diamond will come with a newer version of their software but I couldn't find any info on it on their site.

What keeps me in the good mood is that the Rio works just fine under W98, the download process is incredebly fast and the sound kicks ar... !!

So I'll keep searching for this software to have it work on W2000...

I made it work! I made it work!

It's simple!! Just uninstall w2k and reinstall win98!

Please help. This bfzbpbvflzvnfd w2k just does not accept my rio 500.

Arg!

Windows 2000 recognizes my Rio as USB Device, but the Audio Manager doesn't.

------------------

Don't worry about Louissan. This guy has got the same problem but is proud because he still uses Win98 on one of his PC. ..

Personal message :

Louissan : tu vas voir ta gueule à la récré !

PLEZ GUYZ, STOP CHATTERING!

If you want peolpleto answer your question or find a solution, plez, don't afraid them with private message. And this applies to french people too (et cela s'applique au français aussi, bordel !!!)

Awx - awax@awax.8m.com

PS : pour les français qui veulent continuer, mailme - for french people that wanna talk to me, mailme.

Louissan, Watch it, there's an AWAX above us smile

Ok to come back on this Rio stuff, I've been looking for programs on the Web to upload/download to the Rio.

I must say I'm rather disappointed as I found a few softwares (3) but they only work with the Rio 300 that means it only looks on the parallel port... No way my USB is gonna fit into this.

So Has anyone found something similar that would work or is there a place to find the communication protocol between Rio 500 and USB port ??

Thanks

------------------

Config:

Dual celeron 400 on BP6

128 Mo SDRAM PC 100

Rage fury 32Mo, SB Live Player

IBM 20Go U66,DVD A103S,Yamaha 4*4*16*: IDE

Win2000 Final

Mouais ....

Ca commençait a être bien en français !

I'll try and be serious next time I happen to be posting something.

Sorry buddies !

Anyway, anyone has a solution to this problem? Except, of course, that of re-installing win98 ?

All in all, the rio 500 is a GREAT product. It's just a shame Diamond (upsorry ... S3) hasn't released anything for w2k yet.

Wait and See, as they say...

My config:

Quadri-Xeon 500

1 GB RAM

WildCat 4100

Adaptec AHA 2940U2

Four 10000 rpm, 36 GB U2 drives

And tons of other things if you like to !

wink

Cheers

Hey,

I was hte person who originally reported that the Rio500 was working with my win2k. Well, i just did a clean isntall of win2k last night, adn this is the process I went through to get it to work.

1) I took a copy of rioport 2.0(not 2.1) and copied it to win2k. I took the MDMuser.dll to winnt/system32/ folder.

2) run the rioport program just to make sure it works, etc. Once its working, just close it(it'll warn you that it can't find a portable player, but don't worry about that).

3) Plug in your Rio500. Win2k will detect it, and will ask you for drivers for it. Have it autosearch for drivers from the cd that comes with your rio. It will install drivers and open rioport 2.0 automatically when done. It should have also detected the rio500 as being plugged in. You can verify this by looking on the rio. It should say <USB COMM> on it.

4) Pick your mp3s that you want on the rio and transfer away. Rioport 2.0 is a horribly done program, but its the only one that i've gotten to work with the rio500 in win2k.

I hope this helps. If you need more help, e-mail me or icq me. email is myan1@san.rr.com

icq is 7606507

I'll be in later this evening to help people.

Hi MikeWarrior,

Thanks for your message.

Well as already said, my Rio is detected OK but Rio Manager doesn't find it at all. (By the way I agree with you this program is awfull..) So I believe this comes from the version I have: 2.1.5 I believe. Could you tell me where to get the 2.0 to try if it works.

Anyway I'll mail you too.

Thanks smile

------------------

Config:

Dual celeron 400 on BP6

128 Mo SDRAM PC 100

Win2000 Final

Hehe... I guess I must have gotten a first run rio500, cause mine came with 2.0 software. I already e-mailed itt o you, so just check your mailbox.

Mike

Thanks a lot smilesmilesmile

I'll try it tonight and let you know..

------------------

Config:

Dual celeron 400 on BP6

128 Mo SDRAM PC 100

Win2000 Final

Thanks Mikewarrior!!!

Anyone who has gotten this to work.... does the program crash on you when you scan ur hard drive for mp3s???

mine does every time for some reason frown

-Rob

As this is for Hardware, I'll just start a new thread for the Rio Manager software in the apps forum to throw stones at this software smile

------------------

Config:

Dual celeron 400 on BP6

128 Mo SDRAM PC 100

Win2000 Final

don't run the scan automatically, because, for some strange reason, certain mp3s cause the program to crash(i think it has to do with the id3 tag and such).

Mike

I hate to "me too", but can someone mail me the 2.0 manager, please?

TIA, richi <richi@hp.com>

Done, Thanks again to Mikewarrior ... Yeah, I think the program crashes cause of ID3 Tags.

------------------

=DC=JFK

[*]Programmer of the HA Webboard

[*]Member of the IndyProject

[*]Member of the Action Quake Clan =DC=

[*]Redakteur im GamersNetwork

[/list:u]

Thanks to all who helped. I have it working a treat now.

In a few hours, the files and instructions will all be up at http://www.richi.co.uk/ (if it redirects to an HP web page, please check back later). Feel free to give this URL to anyone who asks.

richi.

--

Richi Jennings <richi@hp.com>

Team OpenMail < http://www.hp.com/go/openmail >

Hewlett-Packard Company

i n v e n t

OpenMail: Business messaging/collaboration for the next E. E-Services.