Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
redhalk

https

I am unable to view secure web pages. I have enabled the ssl options on IE V6 - there is no firewall, SSL service under Admin/Tools is manual. Can anybody help me?

This is not an easy question to answer since there are so many toggles that can be played with and there are so many things like your privacy and cookie controls that can be set too high.

First, and this is just to make sure that your Winsock didn't get corrupted, click on Start>Run: and type "netsh winsock reset" (without the quotation marks).

Generally, with IE you sometimes have to start with a clean slate and clear all the cookies, the history, and the cache just in case something in their has messed up the index filing system.

Sometimes, it is just the site itself.

If you have anti-spyware or anti-virus running in the background these too can have an effect. While it is not a good idea to disable them in general, by doing so, it will allow you to see if they are interfering.

You can use a different browser that is not dependent on IE's settings like one of the Mozilla bunch - Firefox, K-Meleon or the old Mozilla Suite and see if they can view the secure web pages. If they can, it means that you will have to tinker with some of the settings in IE until you find out why the secure certificates component is not working.