Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
krezeb

Login Problem with WinXP....

Hi,

I've got a computer running WinXP.. now up till a few minutes ago it was working perfectly. I was playing BF1942 and I got a Critical Error.. I chose to send the report to Microsoft. A few seconds later the computer stopped responding.

I did a hard-restart and tried to login to my user again. I login, my backround loads but thats it. None of the stuff I've got on my desktop is showing, not even the Start/Task-bar. I pressed CTRL-ALT-DEL and checked to see if Explorer was running, and it WAS. I closed Explorer.exe and reopened it but nothing happened.

The wierd thing is that I can log in as other users on this computer without problems, just not my one...

help?

try using system restore on your user name. If you have a dell, then you should have recieved a CD for system restore. If you do not have a CD, try booting it from the computer (should be installed already if no CD) or go to Microsoft under a user name w/ administrative powers and ask for a system restore. You might be able to get a CD from your manufacturers also (dell, HP, alienware, etc.).

Alternately, (try this before system restore) try running your system in safe mode. If it works, hen make backups of your files, and then use system rstore.

I works now.. I left the computer for about 30mins and explorer got it's act together and started working for some strange reason.

Thx anyway for the help.