Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
effect2g

Need help with command and conquer

Ok, I have Windows XP Pro. I have not yet installed any updates as I have just reformatted my computer. I installed Red Alert 2 with a breeze but it will not run at all. I have changed the compatibility to all the possible options and still to no success. I have the newest software for my video card, and i have already updated red alert 2 as well. I just cannot get the thing to run. When i double click the icon it will start running, go to black screen and then go back to windows. No error, no file missing, nothing, it just selfterminates as if I never even opened it.

ok. i may be able to help. i'm no expert, but i have encountered this sort of thing before.

----as ignorant as this sounds...do you have the correct disk in? (i owned this game once....just trust me on that one ).

-----have you ever used this game on another system before this system?

-----what version is the game?

get back to me on those and i'll see if i can help

i updated it from the internet, ive used it b4 on my laptop recently, this desktop before i updated windows xp one time. Ive used it on a ton of computers, ive had these disks since the game first came out.

Also, the laptop that I run it on has windows xp home. I used the diagnostic tool on the cd and both times the program read the wrong processor info hard drive info, etc.

i see. this seems to happen w/ olser games and/or games that are not original to that system. Your game is not reading your new system because it is still formatted to the previous computer(s). The only way that I can think of to fix this problem (because you said it reads your system incorrectly, as if it was a completely different system) is to uninstall the game on as many system as you can (systems that you installed it on), and then uninstall it on your new system and then reinstall it on the same system. This happened to me a lot when upgraded systems.

HEY Effect2g or anyone offering help I just installed c&c Yuri's Revenge and when i finished downloading it and went to play it i clicked on the icon and it started to play then went black and then ended. Please if you have figured it out or do figure it out please let me know by E-mail me at gostriders15@aol.com and label the subject yuri's Revenge thanks

Hey yea i am new here. But anyways i have Yuris Revenge on my new XP and when i try to get on to it (because it is already installed) an error report come up and says to send error report to microsoft or debug and close. so i tried to send and debug and noting worked i dont know what to do please help me!