Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nick_e_b

Problems with ati radeon 9200se on xp system

Hi Somebody please help me I can,t get any drivers for the ati radeon 9200se to work on my windows xp pc

Specs (don't laugh)

Athlon 1.3 gig processor

Mach 4 motherboard model no KT33-BV ( via chipset )

512 mb ram running @ 133

40 gig hard drive

the properties in device manager display this error message:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

I Dont know what it means or how to fix it please help me

P.s I uninstalled the old agp card through the device manager (I couldn't find any references to the old one in add/remove programs) and I have no onboard graphics

There seems to be IRQ conflict with one of your devices.

When you are in the device manager, open Display adapters, doubleclick your card. Goto Resources tab. See what device is causing conflict. Remove/disable it, IF possible. I.e. it is gamepad, which you do not use often, etc. Use common sense. smile

It doesn,t tell me whever there are any conflicts or what they are on the resources tab of the radeon 9200 properties window it says the same as the main page:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Originally posted by nick_e_b:

Quote:
P.s I uninstalled the old agp card through the device manager (I couldn't find any references to the old one in add/remove programs) and I have no onboard graphics

What was your other card?

Whatever it was you have to remove the drivers and registry entries.

Boot into safe mode then run Driver Cleaner to clean out all the old drivers.

What you have are two devices that have been assigned the same input/output (I/O) ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or a combination of the two).

I am thinking since the drivers are still there maybe XP thinks the card is still there as well.

my old card was a 3d prophet mx and since posting that and due to the fact there wasnt much on it I have formatted my hard drive and reinstalled xp with the new card and drivers in but I'm still having the same problem.

I'm not sure but i think a full format and reinstall will definately have got rid of the old drivers since I only have one hard drive.

Another point I should have mentioned is that there are two copies of the card showing in device manager but no matter how I uninstall them and reinstall the drivers (I've tried all know methods) there is still those two copies of the device, Is this meant to be? they are called:

asus radeon 9200se

asus radeon 9200se (secondary)