Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rykoi

need help installing DK2 (yes, i searched)

ive looked everywhere, but no one seems to get the same error i got. when i try to install, i get a

"insufficient memory to run program" or something like that, i know the insufficient memory part is in there.

what i dont get, is ive got 120GB hard drive, 1024 ram, and plenty of HD space left, no programs running when im trying to install....i just dont get it.

im running windows xp

if anyone could help, id greatly appreciate it, i know this game is way old, but i really liked it a few years ago, and i really want to play it again =)

Hmmm, try clearing out your TEMP directories and increasing your pagefile size.

make sure that your physical mamory (RAM) is installed and enabled. To install your RAM, simply let your system search for new components under the add/remove hardware option in the control panel. Also, to enable your RAM, go to the system options screen (the one that you are temporarily prompted to access at the initial boot of your system), and under a directory or subdirectory, you should see an option for either your physical memory or your Random Access Memory (RAM). To the side of this option, there should be a number (either 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, or 1024). If this number is not 1024 Mb, change it to this.

Also, consider this message as talking about video memory. If you have no video card, that may be a problem. If you do, make sure that is installed and then make sure the memory option is up-to-date (make sure by accessing the same system options screen as the above options screen and then look for video or graphic memory). Most systems come standard with 8Mb or 16 Mb of Video Memory. Simply select your second highest or highest setting.

If this doesn't work let me know.