Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KCCRAYY

73-CHOM ERROR

when trying to connnect to the internet I received a error 73-chom the first two times then it connected. what is a 73 chom error . what does it mean. sould I worry?

Looks like somebody else on this forum has had the same error message. It could be related to a software firewall and/or security settings.

Check out the GOOGLE search and remember that Google is your friend smile

Either something to do with a router, firewall, or 1973 Chevelle Owners Manual. smile

Originally posted by theefool:

Quote:
Either something to do with a router, firewall, or 1973 Chevelle Owners Manual. smile

I prefer the latter as I owned a 74 Chevelle wink

Had this problem come up once before. It may not the router, but when I encountered this bastard, it was AO-Hell. Seems the culprit is/was corrupted network configuration in the OS thanks to the AOL software. After deleting the ACS files (Program Files-> Common Files -> AOL-> ACS), Calling AO-Hell support, I finally got in touch with someone who actually knew that they hell they were talking about. I had to go into the CMD box and do a little command line work with the "netsh" command and remove a log file whose name I can't recall. I recall I did have to remove the WINSOCK files from the Registry.