Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
evil Homer

Arrrgggghhhhh.... Liveware and MP3 problem

Okay, I installed the Liveware release and the drivers, all works fine.

Usually I have Winamp (2.60) running in the background while I surf the web. Most of the time when a wav sound plays like in Windows or from ICQ, the MP3 starts "jumping", then returns to normal.

Any idea's?

I think I might go back to the basic driver till Creative sort themselves out.

evil Homer

-----------

PIII 450

192 Mb RAM

Creative TNT2 Ultra

SB Live Value.

which liveware version are you using?

if your using the 3 hack then its because it doesnt have directsound support there for uses the wave out which is crap especially in winamp

No, its not the hacked Liveware 3.0, as I did state that in my original post.

Its the Dell release from about two days ago, which I painstakingly downloaded all day saturday.

I installed it correctly, as I have been building and maintaining PC's for around 6-7 years now.

Now, somebody should be able to answer my question.

I have since the orignal post removed Liveware and changed the drivers back to the SB Live Basic ones, and funnily enough, Winamp now plays fine.

Lets just hope Creative's effort is a bit better next month(s)

evil Homer

I had the same problem when I switched to liveware - MP3s that played fine with the original driver started to stutter. All I had to do is adjust the buffer length and directsound block size up a bit and it all cleared up (Options>Prefereces>Output>Directsound>Configure).

Under the settings for the wave_out device in winamp there should be a setting for sound buffer. Play with that. In other words make it larger. I had the same problem. Unfortunately Win2k does not have an adjustment under the audio devices to control the size of the audio buffer like in win98. But in winamp there is hope.

lemme know how it turns out.

Thanks for you advice.

I tried out both solutions, but still couldn't get it right. So I decided to stick with the Basic WDM driver until Creative come up with something. I read in the creative live newsgroup that Creative maybe having problems getting Directsound to work correctly, which might be why they're delaying their release.

Have to wait and see.

Thanks for your help

evil Homer

------------------

"Screw you guys... I'm going home!"