Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarrylarry

GTA3 problems in XP need help!

Hello Everyone,

The Basic problem I believe is audio related but I'm not sure.

Ok The Specs AMD Athlon 2800+ processor at 2.1 Ghz 512MB RAM,XP Home with SP1 Can't seem to load SP2 but That's Another Problem for later. DX 9.0c, Ati Radeon 9800 Pro Gfx Card W/Updated Drivers and a Nvidia®nForce Audio sound card W/updated Drivers.

The Problem: The Games Skips basically whenever I move, run, drive or when the screen changes like when you die or get busted.The Audio also skips and echoes.

Things I've tried that didn't work:

Compatibility Wizard

Audio hardware Acceleration in control panel. Tried all settings.

Also tried the one in the DX Window.

Tried All the in game Audio and display settings.Turned things on and off and restarted the game and such.

Changed the desktop to 16 bit instead of 32.

put the game to the lowest and highest screen resolutions and in between.

I've tested DX and everthing comes out fine but my DX says my sound card does not support hardware buffering so it uses software buffers. Is that a big problem?

Also I run other games like Max Payne 1&2 Hitman 1,2&3 and GTAVC With out any problems so I can't seem to figure it out on my own why GTA3 won't work properly. If anyone can help or give me more tips to try I would be very greatful.

,scarrylarry

i can think of three things.

Random access memory--make sure your memory sticks are installed and your RAM memory options are up to the max (512). You can select your options from the system options screen at the initial bootup. This will be under a directory as "Physical Memory", "Random access memory," "RAM," or just "memory."

Video memory--under the same options screen, make sure your video or graphics memory is up to the max or second highest. Make sure you've installed the card first. Make sure your monitor cable is not in the integrated jack.

Sound card--try reinstalling the sound card and make sure your audio plug is not in the integrated jack.