Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sotti

sblive+dell=reboot

Okay the system is an abit bp6 running the qq bios, TNT2U running the 3.78 drivers, also have an old isa adaptec scsi, netgear fa310tx, and a ltwin modem(my dsl due date is in 3 days), The sound blaster is one of the original live value boxed retail version, and win2k ver 2195.

So first I did it incorrectly and ran the setup first. Then after I installed the inf windows would crash out after the windows 2000 built on NT screen, but before I get my login prompt.

So I booted to safe mode, removed the sound blaster from device manager, and ran the uninstall on liveware apps from add/remove programs.

rebooted, it redetected my sblive and loaded the basic wdm drivers, I get sound and everything appears as it was.

then I re-installed the updated drivers, I rebooted so that I could install the software and bam it crashed again right before the login prompt.

if anyone can see a fault in the way I'm loading drivers or has a workaround for this problem please let me know.

The only other odd thing I saw was after the new drivers were installed I got a device driver called "winmm wdm audio compatability driver", has anyone else seen this being loaded.

[This message has been edited by sotti (edited 20 February 2000).]

I have this exact same problem when installing them, even when using the new universal INF files.

tried the universal inf, no luck

just thought I'd mention I'm using the acpi multiproc hal, w/ mps 1.4 in bios

BP6, QQ bios, acpi mutiprocessor hal, 1.4 enabled, no problem with dell's sblive.

do you have the hacked live wire 3 installed prior to installing the dell's driver?

i have the same prollems bro. I installed the hacked liveware3=no luck, tried liveware2.1 drom Dell=no luck. Universal INF= cause me a lot of safe mode rebooting. Ive had it with all this crap. My advice. Stick with the default win2k driver , and wait for liveware4 . coming in march.

Yep, same problem with Universal Inf. Reboot, Blue Screen, Safe Mode, Sb Live! Value uninstalled, rebooted ...

------------------

=DC=JFK

[*]Programmer of the HA Webboard

[*]Member of the IndyProject

[*]Member of the Action Quake Clan =DC=

[*]Redakteur im GamersNetwork

[/list:u]

[This message has been edited by JFK (edited 21 February 2000).]

I have been hard at work at yet again another inf file but have been running into a few hold ups when dealing with the lockup issue. If someone can tell me what the DWORD: value is to disable something in the registry (in windows 2000) I would be able to fix the lockup issue. The value is now set to 1 which is to enable something.

I may have a solution though that people with the lockup issue may want to try. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK please. If it doesn't work though I created a quick fix to get your computer back to the way it was b4 this solution. The backup file is located at http://members.aol.com/~joseftor/backup.zip .

To try out my idea go to the start menu, run, regedit and hit enter. Go to the HLM branch-system-current control set-services-emu10k and then delete the value called "errorcontrol." After that go to the emu10k1 branch which is looked in the same part of the registry and do the same thing. Try out your system and tell me how it works.

I hope this works. I will still be working on my .INF file for more compatibility and fixes. Thanks guys.

-joseftor@hamptons.com

Josef Torkelsen