Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cypres24

half life won't work

I instaled all the games that came with the pack and attempted to play it on the internet it sayed that my internet conection is invalid...so then I tried to get the update/patch and it brought up the same message...Now I use AOL, so I don't think that it could be that AOL. How do I fix this so that I can play online...?

Originally posted by cypres24:

Quote:
...so then I tried to get the update/patch and it brought up the same message...

So I take it you weren't able to install the updates? "Internet connection is invalid" usually means the updates have not been installed. Are you trying to use the in game update method? You can get the latest updates online, download and then apply them without the in-game updater. Do a Google for latest Half-Life patches and updates.

If you have a vaild license you will need to install STEAM to get all latest updates.

Just download the STEAM client and install. You need to set up a STEAM account with a valid e-mail address. It will ask for a valid CD-key and then copy your entire half-life installation into itself and then update it. You will then have access to all the programs you are entitled to with the CD-key plus updates and an improved UI.

Updates for HL and related games are no longer available on the web.

You will need at least cable to do this effectively.