Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JosefTor

Dell Liveware 2k FIX!!!

Hi. (This is for all people who are reporting problems)

I have updated the Dell W2k Live Drivers to universal drivers for all

non-dell pcs and I have made it so that you can use cards other then the

Live Value v 512. With my update you can run cards such as the new Live!

Value Xtreme Gamer and MP3. With my update you will be able to have the

digital DIN working. My file is looked at http://members.aol.com/~joseftor/wdl10k1.inf. Use my file only if you are

having troubles but generally my file is what Creative will be releasing

next month.

-joseftor@hamptons.com

Josef Torkelsen

After you have downloaded the file just replace the original file on yr hard drive with this one. Then go into the System Configuration menu and update the drivers with my driver. Then just install Liveware 2k. Some people may say that there is an easier fix already on the internet but that fix does not work for *most* machines and my fix is the only way around it plus you get the wonderful enhanced support of your exact video card, not some weird driver provided for the v512 Live! value card in the Dell machines.

Brilliant fix!!

You are the man.

One more time... Creative this is yet another big one in the eye for you. Shame.

I used your updated file, but I'm unable to access the speaker controls (to enable the rear speakers) and the mixer. Any ideas on how to get them working?

YOU DA MAN!!!!!!

Not only EAX, but full 4-speaker support! MANY thanks!!! smile

Creative...Are you listening?

-Dj

OH!

I forgot to mention you HAVE to go into "SB Live! Expierence" <sp?> and select speaker config in the lower-left to enable 4 speakers. Took me a while to find that one.

-Dj

Update:

Live!Ware 3 works mostly

Problems with this:

Surround Mixer doesnt work =(

The Surround Mixer dose work ThC 129.

The off wall thing is

Upgrade LW3 CD & D/L ver are newer

then those who got a X-Gamer or MP3 card

I found this out last week after get one for my little bother

odd...I have the one from the cd and the web version both don't seem to work..I will screw around some more and see if I can get it working

I tried the Dell drivers and they worked very well for me. There's only one little thing missing: sndvol32.exe doesn't have a digital CD audio entry, so I'm stuck with analog CD audio.

Does anyone else have this entry, or know how to get it?

you need turn it on in the CDROM Properties

check the BOX

"Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device"

Quote:
Originally posted by SHS:
you need turn it on in the CDROM Properties
check the BOX
"Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device"

SHS:

What this option appears to do is to enable transparent DAE for the CD-ROM, essentially ripping the CD audio tracks to wav files over the IDE bus and playing them as such.

While this might be nice, it produces unnecessary heat and noise, and doesn't work with my CD-ROM very well (a POC Mitsumi 24x). What I want is to enable the SPDIF output, which is connected to my SBLive! SPDIF-in.

The Live! drivers for NT4 and Win98 provide an additional entry in the windows mixer called "Digital CD Audio". This entry is absent in W2K with the Dell drivers.

I have been hard at work at a newer .inf with more compatibility and functionality. It appears that Dell had taken Creatives drivers are erased some of the "non-used" part of the inf file to make it smaller. I have added the deleted parts (as best as I can) to make a much improved inf file then the one that I originally posted. Even if your Live! card is working I recommend that you download this even newer file. I have tested it on my machine and it has worked wonders. If after you try this file and it messes up your machine the original file can be found at http://members.aol.com/~joseftor/wdl10k13.inf .

The Newer file though can be found at http://members.aol.com/~joseftor/wdl10k1.inf .

I hope this fixes all problems with the lockup issue and also helps people with Live! cards for their cards to show (and work as.... mind you!) a Sound Blaster Live! and not a SB Live! Value.

-joseftor@hamptons.com

Josef Torkelsen

Have updated wih the new .inf file.

How do I get the trendy Mixer back again - this horrible grey one doesnt do it for me.

Excellent!

New INF file makes no different to sound than Dell's one did, but when I rebooted, there was my CD Digital audio control.

DVDs sound good again. wink

To get the good old Play Control back (has this ever changed since Win95?), go to Control Panel, Sounds & Multimedia, and make sure that the box at the bottom for volume control is ticked.

Brendan

How do you control the front/rear balance? Any way to get back the lw3 mixer?

[This message has been edited by Mark W (edited 20 February 2000).]

This is a little bit redundant, but...

JosefTor: you, sir, are a genius. I reinstalled the Dell drivers for my X-Gamer as a Live! instead of a Live! Value and the missing features reappeared. And there was much rejoicing.

Edit:

Mark W: use the speaker applet from Audio HQ. It'll let you do exactly what the more advanced Surround Mixer does in LW3.

[This message has been edited by IMarshal (edited 20 February 2000).]