Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
misaal9

SiS 5598/6326 Drivers Required

i have Win xp.

my display driver (SiS 6326) shows me an error in hardware manager(yellow exlamation mark in front of it).

i need 2 update this driver. display proerties dos not show me any options (such as APPEARANCE, SETTINGS, etc) but dunno where to find it on the net. any suggestions?

i have SiS 6326 Driver 1.32 for 98/ME. when i tried to run its setup.exe, i got an error and the setup closed. wht do i do?

help me!!!!

You should visit the OEM's website to get the latest device drivers for the 5598/6326 onboard graphics drivers.

Remove the 6326 graphics card to do this as you want to test if perhaps that PCI card is not working properly.

Once you've tested out the onboard graphics adapter and it appears to be working properly, then reinstall the 6326 PCI card, but into a different PCI slot.

The reason is because the slot you had the graphics card in maybe bad or just some excess dirt/dust is causing some of the pins not to make good electrical contact wink

Another thing you may want to try out is to verify that there are no phantom devices installed.

Go into device manager when in SAFE MODE, and check out the graphics adapter(s) listing. If there is more then one 6326 listed, you need to remove them all and then restart the machine and see if the OS redetects the correct card.

Can you not just right click on the driver and "update driver..."? If you then allow it to search the net, it should do the hard work for you... that's what my SiS driver does.