Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Blogging?

OK, so I have decided to keep track of all the nifty little tweaks and fixes in AD, DNS, and virtualization that I come across. I am doing that via a blog over here:

http://www.msmvps.com/dns/

Since I have started doing this, I was wondering if anybody else here is blogging.

Nope, Closest I've ever come to blogging is usenet and bulletin boards. Guess I need to update. wink

I don't really understand the blogging phenomenon. I guess it's just a way for people to create their own personal pages with interests and then have people discuss the topic of the day?

Seems kind of inefficient if you think about it....Although I guess a forum setup would require too much bandwidth,maintenance, and know-how. Which I guess why blogging is the new craze.

A tech web-log is a great idea.

Would it be feasible to port it to a WikiPedia type setup where anyone could add stuff on.

You might need to limit posts to ~4000 words for APK though laugh

As for the web-logging craze for personal daily life story, I don't have such lofty delusions of grandeur to believe that for example a 33yo mother of two from Belarus actually gives a flying duck about what I had for dinner and how I feel about international politics. I think the entire concept is to allow people to feel some kind of validation and self-importance by having something there in the electronic wilderness in the vain hope that people comment on it. A better solution is to get a good circle of friends and take a case of wine to a restaurant, get pissed, tell lies and wait till the management kicks you out at 2am - at least you have real people with real faces, voices and names. Not a reply from blondiegirl534 who has a pic of Lisa Simpson in her profile saying "I like to agree with you about GM foods and how the CIA is using them to control the minds of beef cattle".

Hmm, I'm done now.

Originally posted by felix:

Quote:
A tech web-log is a great idea.

Would it be feasible to port it to a WikiPedia type setup where anyone could add stuff on.

You might need to limit posts to ~4000 words for APK though laugh

As for the web-logging craze for personal daily life story, I don't have such lofty delusions of grandeur to believe that for example a 33yo mother of two from Belarus actually gives a flying duck about what I had for dinner and how I feel about international politics. I think the entire concept is to allow people to feel some kind of validation and self-importance by having something there in the electronic wilderness in the vain hope that people comment on it. A better solution is to get a good circle of friends and take a case of wine to a restaurant, get pissed, tell lies and wait till the management kicks you out at 2am - at least you have real people with real faces, voices and names. Not a reply from blondiegirl534 who has a pic of Lisa Simpson in her profile saying "I like to agree with you about GM foods and how the CIA is using them to control the minds of beef cattle".

Hmm, I'm done now.

WOW, you should write a book:) and while we're at it, do it online:) Blogging

heh. yeah. blogging could be a good idea.

im not allowed to write any kind of diaries, or such.

so im restricted to only reading blogs.

but sure, sounds like some fun if you really gathers a reader base.

its like reality TV only on internet and weblogs :P

Originally posted by dosfreak:

Quote:

I guess it's just a way for people to create their own personal pages with interests and then have people discuss the topic of the day?

Bingo. Blogs have been really handy from programmers in the past. When googling an issue in C#, I have happened across blogs that either included the problem and a solution, or included the problem but a person commenting had the solution. I figured I would do the same thing with AD/DNS and virtualization, and eventually get back into programming and post stuff about that as well. It's also handy when you find something cool and put it on there, since you have a fairly handy place to find it for yourself.