Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daz.

ATI radeon 9550 256 DDR, on appolo 10T, running XP pro prolem???...

Hi guys, new to this forum, im having trouble with my hardware. Ill start from the beginning,lol - I had a P3 533, 32 mb graphics, so I thought -I need an upgrade... so I bought a new motherboard - Apollo 10T, new cpu - celeron 1300Mhz / 256... & a new graphics card - Peak - ati radeon 9550 256 DDR, put it all in, installed the drivers, seemed to be fine untill i tried to play a game - delta force land warrior - online .- the graphics looked nice & smooth, but when i tried to move nothing happened??.. my character was just frozen - well the whole screen was, but the sound was perfect?...there was about 10 seconds of delay untill the screen moved but within a second it froze again??..- ive checked the system out to my best,, -im not an advanced user though, tried to update the graphics, but when i try install the "catalyst" driver it says - cannot install, try install a standard vga first?, whatever that means... so im stumped?... totally, so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.. a clueless daz.. smile

Try these:

Quote:

1. Start XP in Safe Mode by holding F8 key at boot start.

2. Disable "Radeon xxxx" driver in Device Manager. Do not re-start.

3. From Add/Remove programs, uninstall ATI Video Drivers. Do not

re-start.

4. Open C:\Windows\System32 and delete ATI*.*. There is a Ati???.dll that is causing problem as cannot be deleted normally.

5. Try "Setup" for catalyst drivers but will still fail.

6. At Device Manager, select Radeon xxxx and select "Update Driver".

7. Select "Install from list or specific location".

8. Select "Don't search, I will select driver to install"

9. Pick Radeon 9600xt.

10. Reboot.

Quote:

Also, try pressing F8 while booting up and select "Enable VGA Mode." Try and install the drivers in that mode, after uninstalling your old ones of course.

Catalyst trouble? Smartgart messing up? Need a troubleshooter? The first look thread!

You are not alone in this, btw:

Google search

Hi again...

Thanks mate, ill give that a go..& see what happens,lol.. :0)

daz.