Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jmmijo

Star Trek Enterprise not going to see 5th season...

Sure I could see this happening, the Xindy crap killed the series really ;(

Actually it was T'Pau that was in the original series and she was in a few episodes early this season. Gonna miss Enterprise when it goes off.

what a bummer, here in germany it is only in it's second season but I always used alternative means to get the episodes in english. I will miss it. I found it to be the most "realistic" of all the Star Trek series because it was easier to identify with the characters like Tripp, Hoshi and so on. The were like people who lived next door not robots like Data or something....

Are you kidding?

I've never liked Enterprise.

My opinion on the best Star Trek in order from best to worst:

ST: TOS

ST: TNG

ST: DS9

ST: Voyager

Enterprise.

Problem with this is that although ST:TOS, ST:TNG had good character interaction there wasn't really an overall arc for the series, which is probably why ST:DS9 is really my favorite among all of them.

I could never see anything good about the series:

The Captain wasn't as engaging as Kirk, Picard or Sisko.

The "background" characters didn't seem as alive as the ones from the other series.

I've heard people mention that because the last year or so was "decent" that for some unfair reason the show is being cancelled. Guy's, any other new show that didn't have the ST name behind it would have been cancelled after the first season if they dared to show that kind of dreck.

There's show's like:

Babylon 5 (Another good series gone)

Andromeda

Battlestar Galactica

Stargate

Stargate Atlantis

Firefly (MUCH (not even in same league) Better than Enterprise but cancelled frown )

Heck, those cancelled/ended shows are a million times better than Enterprise could ever be, geesh Even Earth: Final Conflict was better than Enterprise!

Every time I think of Enterprise I wonder what Gene Rodenberry would have though about it...and I think "Not Much".

Could someone who like this show tell me what's so good about it? and have they watched these other shows?

Well dosphreak, not sure there will be anybody here to defend the series, however I came up with another name when I first watched the pilot "Quantum Space" just because Scott Bakula is in it laugh

Yeah, QL was great. I have Season 1 on DVD and will pick up Season 2 soon. I try to forget about QL when I watch Enterprise but I just don't see him as an Enterprise captain.

I think what irritated me the most is that they go back over Star Trek history to fill in the gaps just to keep Enterprise afloat. I mean come on! Think up some new material already! I can understand if you do it every once in awhile to please the fans but a new show should not focus on backstory just to keep it afloat.

Time travel - It's always gotta be about time travel in ST. STOP WITH THE TIME TRAVEL! The 2 worst things about ST:TNG was Time Travel and Holodecks. When they couldn't figure out anything else to do for an episode they always drag those 2 back out.

To me the best things about ST: TNG was the Borg and Q laugh

I wish they had killed off Wesley right away, perhaps a nice singularity would be appropote wink

I think it's too bad. The show had potential but they definately screwed it up the moment they did a TIME episode. Oh yeah that was the first episode...lol.

but seriously they did have the odd episode that was good and they should have dealt more with being out there for the first time and interactions with the new species etc. They just started on the Romulans now and they should have done that earlier.

I will miss T'Pol's ass as well. C'mon Admit it, so will you!

:P

S

Originally posted by thatsteveguy:

Quote:

I will miss T'Pol's ass as well. C'mon Admit it, so will you!

:P

S

Well duh, and so will I wink

Of course you maybe able to see Jolene Blaylock in Stargate: SG1 episodes from time to time, oh wait, did her character in that series die ?!?

I will also miss viewing the Andorian women as well laugh

Good riddens. Enterprise sucked from the first moment that obnoxious theme song came through my stereo speakers.

Yep, I've never heard of anyone hating the previous Trek theme songs, but as soon as Enterprise came out....

Just finished Forever Knight Season 2 DVD Set, now if only the fan base could generate enough cash to bring that show back!

Originally posted by dosfreak:

Quote:
Yep, I've never heard of anyone hating the previous Trek theme songs, but as soon as Enterprise came out....

Just finished Forever Knight Season 2 DVD Set, now if only the fan base could generate enough cash to bring that show back!

I agree with you on this one dosfreak, I thought Forever Knight was an edgy Children of the Night series. I do believe it was a Canadian produced show too wink

They are now really starting to put together a plethora of good Sci-Fi series, Stargate: SG1 and Atlantis are two that come to mind and don't forget The X-Files too laugh

Also, one of my all-time favorites from the Great White North ehhhh, was Lexx.

Just give me either Xevv/Zevv and I'll be a happy camper smile

Yep, Lexx is also a favorite of mine but I don't think most Trek viewers would appreciate it, too weird and campy...which is what made it great!

I read a couple of days ago that for a full season of Enterprise it would cost about $36 million. If they do manage to raise that much money it would be nice if they create a new Trek but I'm sure that the Trekkies who watch Enterprise probably want an end to the story much like Farscape.

Farscape is also a very fine Sci-Fi series, I also hear that it will be back in a recurring mini-Series format.

Nothing like Claudia Black in those skin-tight leathers wink

Ohhhh yeah, I love Lexx, especially that litle German "Eva Habermann", hehe, her name in Lexx is "Zev Bellringer" hehe, I wonder why:-) hmmmmm

I'm also a very big fan of Stargate, not so much SG1 anymore, in the beginning it was very good, but now I'm more into Atlantis, and its funny. I like "Rachel Luttrell" in Atlantis, but for some reason she reminds me of "J Lo", I donno why.