Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eldzis

mandrake 10.0 and DSL

hellou!

i have one problem, i instaleed mandrake 10,0 and i have dls connection with dhcp and my provider gave me username and password, so when i try to acces internet on madndrake it says unknown host, i tried every configuration wizzard but i dont know what option to choose, i am newbie in linux, but i have running windows on that same pc and there i net works, i wnat to go completely to linux, but i need internet, so can anybody tell me how to configure my networking, by the way when i start my mandrake it says brinngig up interface eth0 [failed]

can anyone help me??

sorry for bad spelling, and thank you for answers!! wink

Most likely your DSL modem is connected to a USB port on your system? What make and model is it? DSL over a direct USB connection is still very much in development in many cases.

If you missed configuring the modem during the install (which is easy to do), or it did not configure properly, then this is an issue.

If you have a NIC card in the system, you can try connecting the NIC card to the modem and run the network configuration tool. Linux loves NIC cards to connect to and most are compatible with Linux.

nop i have an adsl terminal(i think that is what its called) and it is connected with my ethernet card in pc? i hav read in my mdsl users manual there was something about nic but, nothing more than an expleations was in that book? but what could mena that linux couldn`t bring up my eth0 interface????