Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dfennig

Vortex 2 (Xitel Storm Platinum)! NEED HELP W/ SPDIF AND DVD

Okay, i have the Xitel storm platinum and release Win2k. Up until today, i thought the S/PDIF being disabled was part of the drivers. But there was a thing on the hardware compatablity page about S/PDIF and the how to enable it.

First, what are the EXACT commands i need to add to my registry. The ones on the webpage seemed wrong to me (i wondered about the spaces in them).?

Secondly, if i do this, will i be able to use my software DVD player to output to my reciever and thus give me Dolby Digital like i had before in Win98?

Hello dfennig,

Your problem interest me as I have an Aureal w/ optical output. I don't know if our machines can be compared but what I know is that I can enable the output by using DVDGenie (latest version) on WinDVD 2000.

An option in DVDGenie allows you to enable or disable S/PDIF.

So I check the little box and S/PDIF works just fine with DVDs.

Just go to this site (maybe it can be of some help, if you don't know it already):

www.dvdutils.com

Cheers

Louissan: I have used my optical S/PDIF(Aureal vortex2)also for listening to music in w9x... (mp3 etc..) Can DVDGenie enable spdif in w2k that it would be possible again?

Lager

Have you pressed THE F1 key lately ??

smile

I will be sincere and tell you that I know this works with WinDVD. The tabs in DVDGenie are applications-specific: in other words, CineMaster, WinDVD, PowerDVD, Xing etc. can more or less be "finetuned" with DVDGenie...

If I had to give an answer, I'd say: download DVDGenie, and try it on your system ... WinDVD 2000 is great, good-looking. (But I bet other apps are too...). If it worked under win9x, why not under W2K, huh ?

Cheers

louis, im curious as to whether or not you did anything in your registry before enabling the output in DVD Genie.