Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Jedi X

Unreal Fortress Dedicated Server

Hi.

I'm trying to get a UnF Dedicated Server up and running. So far, I've been able to install the UT-Server, the Unreal Fortress mod and that ASU thing. All I wanna know now is how to run it. I'm a Linux newbie and I'm totally confused ;(

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: This is off-topic, but: What is the Quake 3 Arena equivalent for Counter-Strike?

Don't quote me on this but I thing Urban Terror MOD for Q3A is the equivalant of HL CS. I know there are alot of MODS for Q3A, but Urban Terror is the one that strikes me as being the closest. As for any Dedicated Servers games, it should just be a matter of running it in a terminal window. For Example I have created sripts for starting all mine up, then I just create shortcuts on my desktop. Here is one for UT2003 TDM that I use;

#!/bin/sh

cd /usr/local/games/ut2003/

./ucc server DM-Antalus?game=XGame.XTeamMatch?mutator=UnrealGame.MutLowGrav?weaponstay=true?translocator=false?ff=0?Gamespeed=130?maxplayers=10?minplayers=7?spectators=0?timelimit=20?Fraglimit=50?AdminName=-=REL!c2K=-?Adminpassword=PaSSwOrD ini=ut2003tdm.ini log=ut2003tdm.log

It will vary because of Game differences, you just have to do some reading and it should tell you how to started a dedicated game. Hope this Helps.

Hey, thanks for the reply REL!c2K! The problem is I can run a normal UT just fine (Deathmatch, CTF, Assault etc.), but I don't know how to run a UnF server.

I would check to see if there are any Forums for Fortress, at their website. Most usually have one, and if you check the FAQs they may have your answer. Another Spot too you can check is at the UTAdmin Web Site;

http://www.unrealadmin.org/

There is a tonn of good information there on how to run your own Dedicated Servers, both Unreal and UT/UT2003.

Thanks for your support. I managed to run Unreal Fortress as a dedicated server. However, this didn't turn out to be a good idea, since noone was interested enough to play (why they didn't tell me that sooner is beyond me). Anyway, now I want to uninstall the damn thing. But here's what happens:

[admin@rogga UninstallerData]$ sh Uninstall_Unreal_Fortress_Gold

No Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH

environment variable. You must install a VM prior to

running this program.

I downloaded and installed the Java Runtime Environment and even the Service Development Kit (since this is the first thing that popped up in Google when I typed "Java VM"), but that didn't help at all.

Any ideas?