Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

if there was a Half-life movie

I vote for the following:

Freeman - George Clooney or Ben Affleck (depening on desired age)

GMan - Peter O'Toole or Christopher Walken

Alyx - Lucy Liu or Uma Thurman

Any movie must also include the Busey Brothers in armed forces capacity, Also Michael Ironside (little Starship Troopers nod there). Eddie Murphy would make a great "freaking-out soldier".

Although Sigourney Weaver could play Alyx opposite Clooney.

Scientists could included Donald Sutherland and Sean Connery in cameos.

The following characters should be included as alien fodder:

Kevin Costner

Richard Gere

Steven Segal

Any advances on this list?

What you have sounds entertaining but the movie would have to be 40 minutes long in honor of Half-Life 2's pathetic gameplay time.

(What a disappointment x))

40 minutes? It takes longer than that.

Freeman---Edward Norton

G-Man---Christopher Walken

Alyx---Eva Mendez

Eli---Morgan Freeman

Jesus Christ Ross! Could you have casted any better! (Walken over Buscemi definitly though)

Although I searched for Doom, Halo and Deus Ex(production cancelled *sniff*) and they all came up as films in production.

So maybe HL will follow suit, who knows?

Originally posted by dosfreak:

Quote:
Do you have to subscribe to Steam before watching? wink

Yes you do and there will be a per-minute charge laugh

Originally posted by Waffler:

Quote:
Jesus Christ Ross! Could you have casted any better! (Walken over Buscemi definitly though)

Although I searched for Doom, Halo and Deus Ex(production cancelled *sniff*) and they all came up as films in production.

So maybe HL will follow suit, who knows?

Perhaps I'm in the wrong job smile. I agree that Walken would probably make a better G-Man, but Buscemi just has that weird aura about him.

As for the other productions, I hear that the Doom movie is going to be nothing like the game (more like Resident Evil, pah!). Loads of people in uproar 'bout that. Hop over to http://www.dmop.co.nr to sign a petition against the movie.

As for a HL film, I honestly think it would spoil the franchise. The whole point to gaming is that you can put yourself into the shoes of the hero. In essence, the closest most of us will ever get to actually being in a movie. Maybe that's why most game to movie licenses fail... we just don't like other people playing the hero role; ie. I'm Gordon Freeman and always will be wink. Hope you get what I mean anyway, lol.

Originally posted by dosfreak:

Quote:
Do you have to subscribe to Steam before watching? wink

Yes, and it takes at least an hour of authentication before the movie starts. smile

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:
Janet Reno as a man, eh? lol... shame on you!!!

Not Janet Reno, JEAN Reno - a French actor, pronounced John Ruh-no. Most recognisable in English speaking countries for being in Mission Impossible, but has also been in loads of French films, including Leon, amongst others.

Janet Reno indeed! LOL :P

AndyF

Quote:
Janet Reno as a man, eh? lol... shame on you!!!

LOL. As in Janet Reno, the US' first woman Attorney General! Nice suggestion there Alec but I suspect she'll have problems getting Father Grigory's east European accent down to to a tee. smile

Quote:

This one (Barney Calhoun):

c_barney.jpg

* THAT'S ROBERT DOWNEY JR. IF I EVER SAW HIM! Check it:

mptv1.gif

APK

P.S.=> See, lol? I even got the gender right this round... "amazing"... the "StRaNgE PoWeR... of coffee!"... apk

Yeah after one of his pot smoking binges laugh

Quote:
jreno.gif

<>

12m.jpg

So the top picture is Jean Reno, the bottom one Janet Reno, right?

Easy to see why you could confuse the two... wink

Quote:

* THAT'S ROBERT DOWNEY JR. IF I EVER SAW HIM!

Actually, I think John Cusack looks more like Barney:

38m.jpg

The only problem is that if you used John Cusack, you'd have to give his sister a role in the same film...and I don't think she'd fit the part of Alyx:

12m.jpgalyx.jpg

Hmmm...

Quote:

c_barney.jpg

* THAT'S ROBERT DOWNEY JR. IF I EVER SAW HIM! Check it:

r_downey_jr.jpg

Agreed, he would make a great Barney. Just need to fatten him up slightly me thinks. smile

my concerns for a half life movie is a)will gordon talk B) i dont think a movie all about gordon will be good so should it explore into opposing forces and blue shift to show more story lines and give black mesa a bigger feel? also c) i have heard alot of ppl say that the movie should all be in 1st person (i dont agree) but that will have to be taken care of. i am going to film school and am currently working on ideas for a half life movie and story boards that i will present to valve and posible have it made ,but i dought it with all the ppl they have turned down already.i love this game, i fact it my favorite game everand i would really like any movie to be good which is y im trying to get involved in it. i really want some ideas for a sript and anything else so anyone please im me or e-mail me at skyhopper112887@aol.com. (this post is turning out longer then i wanted lol).... i also wanted to know if there are any companys similar to www.nightmarearmorstudios.com that are making a half life hev suit. i am very intrested in props and would very much like to see a real life half life hev suit. lol.

my cast for gordon -edward Norton, charlie sheen, johnny depp

in that order

You're all crazy! Jennifer Lopez would play the best Alyx!

Jennifer%20Lopez%2001.jpg

George Clooney... Ben Affleck... Gordon Freeman, in the same sentence? Wow, that's bizarre. You'd cast two of the most horrible actors as Half-Life's perpetual hero? Pfft.

If I were the director of the 'Half-Life' film I wouldn't quite know who I'd cast as Gordon Freeman. Hm, maybe Nic Cage? With a few adjustments, I think he could pull it off.

cageprofb.jpg

If there was a half life movie, i would wait another six years until half-life 3 comes out, and as to the whole plot thing, either press the developers for info, or make stuff up