Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

Blender! and crashing.

Ok so I'm trying to do some 3d work now. I have xfree86 runnign with ati drivers. Now everything works fine. Except when I try to render the objects in a 3d view in blender(pushing letter d). The machine instantly freezes up and i get this.

atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program, like XFree86, might be trying access hardware directly.

Now how do i fix this? I really wanna be able to render in linux and not have to boot to windows for it.

Daum

heya matttah

Unfortunately I ain't got no decent solution at hand, just this: I ran into a convo-log of Alan Cox (kernel developer) the other day who mentions this error in combination with ACPI, USB-kbds and kernels > 2.6.5.

I can't remember the URL right now (will try to find it again) but as far as I recall turning OFF "USB legacy support" in the BIOS and disabling ACPI have been amongst the suggestions. Unfortunately not even these kernel-masterminds mentioned any specific fix that made its way to my ganglias. So maybe you just give it a try with a little trial-and-error testing.

On a sidenote: Does the prob occur too when you initiate the rendering process with the mouse?

good luck