Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iamroot

GTA Vice City runs in Linux

I just tried installing Vice City today with wine 20041019 and the loki installer. I couldnt start a new game as an error msg would pop up everytime i tried that so i got a saved game frm the net and it worked out. Everything seems to be fine 'cept for the audio which is choppy and the game speed which is still quite slow.

Nope. Don't have a credit card to pay for the subscription. But i've heard that it works much better in winex/cedega than wine, with no audio problems.

I solved the audio problem with my wine config file which isn't always included anymore - I compile it from source and choose to have it until winecfg is finished. ANyhoo- using the sound driver winealsa instead of wineoss worked beautifully - but the 3d got even slower.

does neone know where i can dl vice city for linux and how to do it. i am very new to linux and do not kno how to use it very well

Get a copy of the GTA Vice City cds and the loki GTA Vice City installer. Install it and run the game in WINE. Quite straightforward really.