Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bryses

Printing Errors

Hi,

I'm new here, but I have gone through all of the threads on printing problems concerning Win2K and I still can't find the answers that I need and was hoping that someone here could help me.

Here's the problem:

I have the HP 2110 psc printer, but I uninstalled it because it just stopped working. I ran 3 different virus checks and cleaned my computer, tried to reinstall the printer, but it wouldn't work (just the apps associated with the printer worked)so I uninstalled it again.

Here's the errors I've been getting since I've tried to troubleshoot the problem:

When I try to use the Add A Printer option in the Printer folder, I get this message:

Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. The print subsystem is unavailable.

So I tried doing everything listed in t he forums here and on the microsoft website, but nothing works, as a matter of fact I get this error: Error 1075 Dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion. I get this when I tried to start the spooler in Services. I can't start or stop the spooler and there is no service listed called Print Spooler, just one called Spooler.

Thanks to anyone who can help... I'm totally lost with this whole problem.

[Edited by Bryses on 2004-11-17 18:09:19]

First, thank you very much for helping!!

It is a HP 2110 psc all-in-one printer using a USB port. And I know how to use the Recovery Console using the Win2K installation/boot disk, so I will definitely try what you've told me to try. But I do have one question... what if LISTSVC doesn't find the name of the spooler service? I just get this really bad feeling that it won't since this is the kind of luck that I've been having all day... laugh

Ok I sure will... and I am running Win2K and I know there was a service called Print Spooler there once, I just don't know what happened to it, so now all I have listed there is Spooler. I'll let you know what happens with the recovery console. Thanks again!! smile

Ok...

I really appreciate all of the help that you're giving to me here and I wish I had some good news, but I don't.

I tried the Recovery Console and it did change the spooler service to auto_start, but it's still not working, it won't let me start it in Services. And I didn't find Print Spooler in LISTSVC. I keep getting that error:

"Could not start the Spooler service on local computer. Error 1075. The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

I did check to make sure that the Remote Procedure Call service is on and it is.

I was wondering if there is any way to restore or recover services (for example: Print Spooler and/or Spooler) that have been deleted without doing a format and total reinstall of windows 2000? I am really hoping that there is smile

I can't find any info on how to replace missing services.

Oh and by the way... I forgot to add that I got a disk check for errors when I rebooted after using the RC... so now I think I have another problem (groan), which might, hopefully, be fixed after fixing the main problem I'm having.

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Thanks again!!

Just a quick question before I start changing stuff... I can just c&p everything you listed (values, etc) and put them into the correct spots in regedit, right?

I found some things I think might have caused the problem... like DependOnService = LexBceS RPCSS, which if I'm not mistaken is my old printer info... and I'm thinking that if I didn't remove the old printer correctly (now that there are certain proceedures to remove even the simplest files, to my annoyance laugh that what started this whole problem... arghhh

But before I start I'm going to wait for your reply to what I asked you about the regedit changes first.

UPDATE: It worked!! Thanks so much, sorry that I didn't wait for your reply, but I was excited about trying it, because it made sense that it would work!! You are a genius!! Thanks so very much!! I'll give you another update when I install the printer again later tonight.