Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zendog

CDR & RW drives & Win2k

You guys that have gotten your Cd burners and Rewritables working under Win2k, What software did you use and did you have to do anything to get it to work.

I tied my CDR with Adaptec EZ CD 3.5b, and 4.0 and both BSODed my system. I know others that have had the same experience

------------------

zendog

Win2k Gold

Dual cele 366 OCed @ 550

Matrox G200

Voodoo 2

SB Live

20gb Ibm HD

Nic, Modem and other crap

I've burned over 30 cd's in Win2K(2153-RTM) with EZCD creator 4.0 without a coaster.

As long as you're not trying to copy copy-protected disks, it works just fine.

IMHO, the key is having the most compatible ASPI and nobody has that except Adaptec. I've experimented with every ASPI I could get my hands on but nothing, I mean nothing even comes close. I use Easy CD Creator v4.01 for that one and only reason. As for burning, I have used with it: Nero 4.0.8.3, CDRWin 3.8a, FireBurner 1.06, VOB Instant CD Wizard 5.1, NTI CD Maker Pro 3.6.880, Steinberg Get It On CD 1.1, and GEAR Pro 4.41 successfully... Now mind you I don't have them all loaded at the same time! The only thing common is that Easy CD Creator remained installed for it's ASPI. 369 CDs burned prior to Win2000 and 148 after... and the only coaster I have is the cork one that I place my coffee cup on ;-)