Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

bluetooth

Anyone know a good app for this? I bought one of those usb bluetooth adapters adn I wanna get it working with my phone so I can get pictures off it..good app?

Daum

see if you have blurtooth compiled in to the kernel. the good news is it's native to 2.6.x so you should be able to load it if you have the kernel src.

lsmod should return something like this...

Quote:

l2cap 16496 1 (autoclean)

rfcomm 31648 0 (autoclean)

hci_usb 6680 0 (autoclean)

bluez 32548 1 (autoclean) [l2cap rfcomm hci_usb]

...if you already have bluetooth enabled.

if not you'll need to recompile with the bluez stack or whatever it's called and install the following pkgs

* bluez-utils

* libbluetooth1

I think I just have to mod probe the things, i just recompiled my kernel with the bluetooth compiled into it...what do i mod prob..its a usb adapter if that matters.

current lsmod is...

Module Size Used by

snd_pcm_oss 54312 0

snd_mixer_oss 21376 2 snd_pcm_oss

fglrx 231772 7

tg3 82820 0

snd_intel8x0 33576 3

snd_ac97_codec 69840 1 snd_intel8x0

snd_pcm 89604 3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_intel8x0

snd_timer 26884 1 snd_pcm

snd_page_alloc 10504 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm

snd_mpu401_uart 8832 1 snd_intel8x0

snd_rawmidi 25124 1 snd_mpu401_uart

snd_seq_device 9096 1 snd_rawmidi

snd 52836 12 snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device

soundcore 8672 2 snd

Daum

I actually compiled in the bluetooth support so its not a module...hmm..does that bluez have any mods that i need to add though? or should i recompile with it as mod?

Daum

[Edited by matttah on 2004-11-07 18:35:33]

What does dmesg report when you plug in the device? if you see it try to bring up the network with hiconfig hci0 up

when i plug it in i get this....

usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using address 2

So now what?

Daum

KDE 3.x comes with a bluetooth app called kdebluetouth, it works very nicely with my cell phone. I am able to use it to change xmms setting from across the room, though the latest kernel should support it. Im using mandrake 10.1 com. for labtop with this installed. so other disro's may be different when it comes to ktooth with KDE 3.x. Gnome also has aversioin called...... yep you guessed it Gnome-bluetooth. Here is the info on the package....

Name: kdebluetooth

Version: 0.0.cvs20040914-1mdk

Size: 4122 KB

Summary: Access and control bluetooth devices in KDE

Description: The aim of this project is a tight and easy to use integration of Bluetooth into the KDE desktop. You can manage your local Bluetooth devices and services with it, browse your Bluetooth neighbourhood with konqueror and send and receive files with just a few clicks. And that's not all you can do with it...

Originally posted by matttah:

Quote:
when i plug it in i get this....

usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using address 2

So now what?

Daum

Hmm? not sure it sees teh device as what it is. try to bring it up hiconfig hci0 up

couldint' even find hiconfig anywhere on the system i found hci tools, and tried to run it and it says it couldn't find any devices...do i need to mount it somehow?

Daum

it's basicly a network card so you don't mount it. What's the device it may not be linux compatible.