Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

International Cost-of-Living Calculator

We deal with items and personnel from multiple countries, and I was wondering if someone knew of a good cost-of-living calculator (and possibly salary charts) for the UK, Germany, and Italy. It would be nice to understand what typical salaries are and how they translate to the US market. I saw an article on a Vodafone night vision adapter, and thought I would see what wireless plans in the UK cost. Well, they seem quite high when compared to US plans, and the UK and Europe are all using GSM while our carriers use different technologies and phones.

Found this one just by Googling. Don't know how accurate it is, but there is a section about where their data comes from.

I can tell you, being a local an' all, that the UK is a very expensive place to live - I think we have something the third highest CoL in the world, after Japan and Switzerland! The cost of petrol is currently somewhere around 82pence per litre (which is something like $5-6 per gallon). House prices vary, depending on where you live, but expect to pay £300k+ for a 2/3-bed house in the London area. Starting salaries for a University graduate are currently around the gbp£20k region.

If you let me know what kind of info you need, I can do some digging for you (for the UK at least)

Hope this helps,

Rgds

AndyF

The night vision adapter you were reading about would happen to be this one that allows the user to see people naked, would it...?!

Some people use the price of a Big Mac and combination with the exchange rate to calculate a comparitive cost of living.

It may seem like a bit of a joke, but it actually works.

That was the adapter, but it was on news.com.com I think. I thought the phone itself was cool and got to thinking about what it would cost to own a phone in the UK (I just got another phone a few days ago, this time from Sprint).

Thanks for the link, I don't know why I couldn't find one from them. I found their calculator for moving around in the US but not internationally.