Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
star_123

I need help with the sims 2

okay, found it all by my big girl self. ATI Mobility Radeon x300.

can someone let me know if this is good enough for sims 2?

I live on an island, and it would be a pain if when I receive the game, that I'd need to order get something else..

Not much on the island for gaming stores...

Thank you

ATI Mobility Radeon X300:

* DirectX Level: DirectX 9

Should work. No promises, though. smile

A friend of mine has the ATI Mobility Radeon x300 in his laptop, and plays games like World of Warcraft and Half Life 2 with no conflict, so I would make an assumption that Sims 2 should run with no hitches. Graphics settings wont be maxed out in the game, but that isnt a big deal in the Sims.

Hey, i'm also having exactly the same problems with my computer using The Sims 2. I ran the ServoPro - Sims 2 Preliminary System Requirements program & recieved problems with;

Memory Requirements

Graphics Card

but what I don't understand is that when I first used the Sims 2 it worked perfectly fine, but now a year on & I have all these problems with my computer? Can anyone help me with this please?

ok, heres a doozie for ya....

my gf is letting me borrow her CDs for the game os i can play. i installed the game, and whne i try to run it, EVERY TIME it says "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application>" when the splash image appears. So i pretty much HAVE to play with a no-cd c-r-a-c-k (this forum censors this word?!), which means i cant build. i REALLY need to be able to build, so any help would be appreciated. thanks

Quote:

This can be caused by a few things, but first things to try would be to make sure your logged in as an administrator, make sure that compatiblity mode is disabled, close all unncessary background tasks, empty your temp file folders and install the latest patch which is available from EA's website or various gaming related sites around the internet. Check this EA support article for details on background tasks.

If the game still doesn't work try putting the CD/DVD into another drive if you have one, disable or uninstall CD/DVD emulation software such as Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, Clone CD etc.

I've also had some success with changing the transfer mode of the drive to PIO only, this can be done through Device Manager

Or just go out and buy your own game! 34.99 at Circuit City. So you can probably find it even cheaper somewhere online, perhaps Amazon.com or just Froogle it.

well, basically, it is like i legally own the game, seeing as how i have the origional copy of the game, therefore buying the game would be a waste of money and would fail to work as well.

so what is compatability mode and how do i turn it off....

and how do i get to device manager to turn on PIO only?

If your GF is letting you use her CD's, you don't own the game. As for disabiling compatibility mode, just right click on the games icon and you will see the tab.

yes she is letting me use the game. half of the time it is being played, she is the one playing it and the other half of the time, she is telling me what to do, lol.

i have compatability mode disabled (it was never enabled), and the game sitll wont load.... what now?

Hi I am kinda new to this but can anyone tell me how many MB my graphics card has to be to plzy the sims 2 i have a nvidia geforce series PCI and it is a 128MB is this enough graphics card. laugh

You are all set to go. The games only requires 32mb.

my question still has been given no remedy yet....

can someone please help me? the cd-rom apparently wont read the disk when i try to play or somehting..... can someone PLEASE help me?

PhayzR, have you tried to play the game with the compatibility mode enabled?

Are you sure you have the cd-rom version and not the DVD version?

Another thing you can check on real quick is if your cd-drive is working properly by putting in a different disc and see if it is read properly.

i do not have internet. i need to know what to do about the direct x9.0 message that pops up everytime i try to play it. i have the sims, the sims 2, and the sims expansion pack all installed on my computer but cant play any of them. so what do i need to do?

krittija, it would help us alot to know what the error message is that you are getting

okay....i am having the same problem as star_123, and i am a total retard when it comes to computers. i just want to play my game! what do i do?

Download this program called Sisoft Lite here. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4664

Run this program and it will tell you what video adapter you are using. Then google the name of the video adapter and go to their site and using their search function, find the driver you need and download and install it.

If you have more questions then come back and we can help further.

Good Luck