Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Noumenon

New installer for XP

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to make an installer for WinXP and other needed programs and burn this on cd to use it for installing XP and the other programs with specific settings.

I have configured my XP Pro for music and also has three music programs installed. What I'd really like is a cd that I insert into the computer when re-installing everything, and it starts installing, when needing to install XP it asks for the winXP cd, when that's finished it'll ask for the cds of other programs. when all is done it should configure XP to the settings I want.

All this is just to save HOURS of configuring when I'm re-installing everything on my computer (I do this once a year).

Hope you could understand what I wanted smile

How about using Norton/Symantec Ghost? Just install the OS, applications, and set your preferences accordingly, and boot from the Ghost (floppy) disk.

You can image a disk or partition to multiple CDs, and make the 1st CD bootable, so you would just boot from CD1 and swap discs when prompted for a full installation with your specific programs.

This is all assuming you plan to restore the image to one PC. If you plan to install this image onto several PCs, then there are a few additional steps that you would need to make first.