Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kyleindahouse

Windows SP2

I'm having a really annoying problem. I can't seem to load programs such as Internet explorer, my comp etc. After installing sp2, when i click them, they don't load. Rarely, when i click the internet explorer quick launch or desktop icons, it will appear in 5 mins later. Can someone please help!

Maybe you have a slow connection or that the computer is still loading programs in the background delaying the launch of IE.

Run MSCONFIG or Check RUN key in Registry or in Startup folder on programs menu for programs that load on startup.

I recently have had the same problem on 2 different machines here. What I had to do is uninstall SP2. Run spybot or someother spyware detector and also run a program called BHOdemon. You can get bhodemon from pcworld. It's free. You will see multiple BHO's that say they are malware. These must be disabled. The software tells you how to do this. I have not reinstalled SP2 and probably won't. You will probably have to go to your registry and delete some of these bad help objects *BHO*. If you don't know how to play with the registry I suggest you find a friend who can help you.