Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malaris

Your fave Star Wars Movie?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

BTW, you are all wrong!

No-one should have a favourite Star Wars movie-because they aren't that good!!!(Yes I am including the 'originals'!)

Episodes 1 & 2 had many critics, and rightly so...

The storylines were, imo, fairly weak, a majority of the characters are obnoxious and poorly written, many scenes are cheesy(Yes Lucas can write okay, but NOT direct very well) and overall, the films are not really worthy of their box-office status.

Having said that, I still feel they are decent enough films and some of the fight scenes are truly great.

HOWEVER, Episodes 4, 5, & 6 were just the same! The cheesy characters and scenes, the downright shameful continuity errors and most of all-Chewbacca! (Please don't get me started on that damn Wookie!)

Although, as I mentioned above, these are still credible films and worth a watch every now and then.

The Following is Fact

Star Wars 4, 5 & 6 were last generations LOTR trilogy.

In years to come, many will still rave about the LOTR trilogy but fail to see that the 'films aren't actually that great(Tolkiens writing is a masterclass though-much like Lucas' original scripts were better).

Then later, The Hobbit will come out (a prequel just like Eps 1 &2) and the critics will hate it because it won't have the same impact as the original trilogy. This will mirror the exact reaction of the Star Wars films.

Sorry to rant but I just had to get my point across.

P.S Has anyone else noticed that the acronym for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith is;

STAR WARS ROTS

Imo, the best character has to be Jango/Bobba Fett(because Jango is essentialy Bobba)-the advanced weaponry, the cool outfit, his skill with a blaster, his complete disregard for morals-he's paid to do a job so he carries it out no matter what- and the awesome fact that he alone is technically the entire Clone Army!

When Bobba died Jango took up his fathers position basically out of rage for his fathers death, he also (as I mentioned earlier) has a complete lack of morals/ethics.

To me this seems to be a metaphor of how the new youths act today-out of emotion(anger a predominant one)and often without compramisation for peoples feelings and what is deemed as 'right and wrong'

Anyways, on the subject of Star Wars bounty Hunters...

Extract from an Interview with Matthew Reilly-The Writing Of Scarecrow:

Quote:
I have always been intrigued by the concept of the Wild West freelance bounty hunter, a concept which was adapted to a sci-fi environment in the Star Warstrilogy, in particularThe Empire Strikes Back. Indeed, this is why Demon Larkham's gang-the InterContinental Guards, Unit 88, or "IG-88"-is proudly named after the obscure bounty hunter of the same namein The Empire Strikes Back. (For those who don't know, IG-88 was a very tall robot bounty hunter who stands in the background as Darth Vader offers a reward for the bounty hunter who finds the Millenium Falcon. IG-88 utters no dialogue, nor does he actually move, but he became one of those cult Star Wars action figures-probably because he was always the one left on the shelf!)

Anyone remember IG-88? I certainly don't but I'm not doubting that he exists.

Found him, still doesn't ring a bell though.

ig-88.jpg

Btw, sorry if I have offended all you Star Wars fans out there but I feel it needed to be said...

What a way to cheer up a Monday morning, with Barf quotes!

Princess Vespa: Yogurt, the wise.

Dot Matrix: Yogurt, the all-powerful.

Barf: Yogurt, the magnificent.

Yogurt: Please, please, don't make a fuss. I'm just plain Yogurt.

smile

Originally posted by adamvjackson:

Quote:
What a way to cheer up a Monday morning, with Barf quotes!

Amen to that. Here's some more.

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:
Wasn't John Candy that Barf character?

* Too bad he's gone - He was an "A-OK" kind of guy in my book!

(It is a funny movie though: I liked "Dark Helmet" (the spoofed Vader character. Was it Rick Moranis in that role?)... lol!)

Yep, Candy is sorely missed IMO. As for Rick Moranis, where is he??? Last I saw of him (actually heard!), he was a character from Disney's god awful Brother Bear. If there is a new Spaceballs film, Moranis should definitely reprise Dark Helmet.

Spaceballs, barf, yogurt????

I know I'm young but i really have no idea.....

Hmmmm... I spy a rental--has it made the leap to DVD? (I doubt it but it would help)

In last month's PC gamer magazine, there was actually an advertisement for Spaceballs on DVD, so I suspect it should be available for rental soon, if not already.

Yeah, let's steer it back on course.

Originally posted by Waffler:

Quote:
BTW, you are all wrong!

No-one should have a favourite Star Wars movie-because they aren't that good!!!(Yes I am including the 'originals'!)

Episodes 1 & 2 had many critics, and rightly so...

The storylines were, imo, fairly weak, a majority of the characters are obnoxious and poorly written, many scenes are cheesy(Yes Lucas can write okay, but NOT direct very well) and overall, the films are not really worthy of their box-office status.

Having said that, I still feel they are decent enough films and some of the fight scenes are truly great.

HOWEVER, Episodes 4, 5, & 6 were just the same! The cheesy characters and scenes, the downright shameful continuity errors and most of all-Chewbacca! (Please don't get me started on that damn Wookie!)

Although, as I mentioned above, these are still credible films and worth a watch every now and then.

The Following is Fact

Star Wars 4, 5 & 6 were last generations LOTR trilogy.

In years to come, many will still rave about the LOTR trilogy but fail to see that the 'films aren't actually that great(Tolkiens writing is a masterclass though-much like Lucas' original scripts were better).

Then later, The Hobbit will come out (a prequel just like Eps 1 &2) and the critics will hate it because it won't have the same impact as the original trilogy. This will mirror the exact reaction of the Star Wars films.

Some harsh words there Waffler. But to some extent I'll have to agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I am an avid Star Wars fan (probably too much) but since watching the LOTR trilogy (a superior trilogy if you ask me) my opinion about 'the greatest films ever made' (not my words) have changed greatly.

My favourite is Empire. Simply because it felt more like a groan-ups film. Darker, more sinister subject matter, character development and a much, much better script than 'A New Hope'.

This will probably upset a few people, but I really don't think that Lucas is a very good writer/director. The success of the original film was based on the fantastic visuals (then unheard of), after all how many kids at the time would have understood the subtle meanings behind Lucas' story. And honestly, I don't think he should have directed the prequels either.

But it's not all gloom for George though. He did at least push the envelope for visual effects (although everyone else has since caught up). After all, where would we have been today without the breakthroughs made by ILM during the early eighties?

But everyone is used to flashy special effects these days, Episode 3 will have to offer much more than CGI stormtroopers to become a hit IMO.

BTW - Spaceballs has been out on DVD (here in the UK) for the last couple of years.

Originally posted by ross_aveling:

Quote:
Yeah, let's steer it back on course.

Heh good idea :P

Quote:
The success of the original film was based on the fantastic visuals (then unheard of)

You could be (and probably are) right there but as I'm only 16, I wasn't there when they made the huge impact that they did, so can't really comment too much on that subject.

Quote:
But everyone is used to flashy special effects these days, Episode 3 will have to offer much more than CGI stormtroopers to become a hit IMO.

Yeh you may be right there, and I'm definetly going to see it no matter what the critics say..

Quote:
BTW - Spaceballs has been out on DVD (here in the UK) for the last couple of years.

Ok thanks for the info.

Spaceballs rules.

"You idiots! You captured their stunt doubles!"

The A$$-hole scene is one of the best in the entire movie, but it always gets taken out on TV.

As far as SW goes, I like Episode 5 the best. The Hoth battle is the best, partially because of the walkers in it.