Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

Average CPU Temp (Normal Workload)

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Originally posted by Wicked101:

Quote:

Ah ha, as long as you got it going:) luckily for me my mobo ran with my CPU, so I could update my BIOS with no problems.

The Q-Fan, I only mentioned it:) I dont use it either, even if I wanted to, cause my fan dont plg onto the mobo, it uses the standard power plug and runs from Power Supply:)

Including your CPU fan ?!?

Hmm, hopefully not :x

Originally posted by jmmijo:

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermanInNY:

Quote:
Here is a stupid question:

When I purchased my CPU and M/B, I got them along with a fan.

No paste.

Do I need to add the paste?

Would that do the miracle thing about reducing the heat?

-Alon.

That depends, did you purchase a boxed CPU ?!? If so then you should have noticed the thermal pad on the bottom of the heatsink, pretty much centered and covering up the copper core wink

If you purchased an OEM cpu and an OEM heatsink/fan then that may not have come with a thermal pad. If that was the case then yes, even generic white thermal paste would help out a lot, let alone some of the high quality Silver Paste that is out now laugh

Also note, that if you purchased a Prescott core CPU it should be either a copper core or a solid copper heatsink/fan type. Basically any P4 from 3GHz on (for Northwood core) or any of the Prescott core, this includes the Celeron D, has a copper core heatsink/fan. How do I know this, because of all the system builds I make. We use boxed CPU's only because of the warranty and this has always been the case smile

Yes! finally smile

Well.. there was no Paste and no thermal sticker.

I went to a local service store, we smirred the paste on the CPU and Voilla,.. the CPU dropped 18 degrees down.

My Idle CPU at BIOS screen with lid closed now shows:

CPU Temperature: 55.5 Celcius/ 131 Faraen

MB Temperature: 33 Celcious/ 91 Faren

Thansk for the advise.

Obviously this is still not the optimal best drop down temperature, but short of a liquid cooling system, I think that's the best I'll ever get. After all this is a Prescott frying pan.

-Alon.

Originally posted by SupermanInNY:

Quote:

Thansk for the advise.

Obviously this is still not the optimal best drop down temperature, but short of a liquid cooling system, I think that's the best I'll ever get. After all this is a Prescott frying pan.

-Alon.

I prefer to use the the term, "Space Heater" instead laugh